regulator suggestions for stage tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mk10,11,16,15,20,25 all work great.

g250 is king. G250hp, s600, s550 are also fine. G200b is aight.

miss me with r190s on stage/deco bottles though. Backup reg only.

mk2 only for argon.

miss me with r190s on stage/deco bottles though. Backup reg only.

mk2 only for argon.

Out of curiosity, can you explain why Mk2s and R190s are not preferred for deco regs? I would expect that a higher performance backup reg on your back gas is more important than a high performance reg on a deco bottle that is only going to be used at 70ft or less depth. I'm not saying you are wrong -- just trying to educate myself.

Edited to add: 70 feet or less for Tech 1 level divers using a single deco gas.

What do you think of the G250V and C370?

Out of curiosity, can you explain why Mk2s and R190s are not preferred for deco regs? I would expect that a higher performance backup reg on your back gas is more important than a high performance reg on a deco bottle that is only going to be used at 70ft or less depth. I'm not saying you are wrong -- just trying to educate myself.

mk2 hose routing is atrocious.

You're likely going to be on deco regs for as long as (or longer than) you're on your backgas. High-performance regs make for a nice experience. Additionally, a cracking effort adjustment knob lets you tighten up the reg so it maintains pressurization when the bottle is off and not being used.

R190 backup is SUPER reliable, which is what you want in a backup. It's not at all finicky, has very few orings and moving parts, and just plain works. Performance is good enough to get you out of dodge, especially with helium in your backgas.

I'm often on deco more than twice as long as I am on back gas. I want my deco regs to breath as nice as they possibly can. Even at AN/DP level you deco will be about 1to1 with bottom time, so...

Am I the only one who absolutely hate the Mk25 (H-75) for stage regs?
I love the H-50 first stages and will never go back to first stages with swiveling turrets ever again for my stages.

Am I the only one who absolutely hate the Mk25 (H-75) for stage regs?
I love the H-50 first stages and will never go back to first stages with swiveling turrets ever again for my stages.
They’re not as good as the mk16 but they’re not terrible. Mk25 is better for backgas regs with that fifth port

I have a bunch of each

Thanks for the reply everyone. Just in case im buying new, will the mk11 and mk21 be an ok stage reg? Consider routing too? Match it with c370 or c570? Id prefer it to be balanced

why mk21? I heard they have similar internals as mk 25
Why c570? Similar to s600 internals?

mk2 hose routing is atrocious.

You're likely going to be on deco regs for as long as (or longer than) you're on your backgas. High-performance regs make for a nice experience. Additionally, a cracking effort adjustment knob lets you tighten up the reg so it maintains pressurization when the bottle is off and not being used.

R190 backup is SUPER reliable, which is what you want in a backup. It's not at all finicky, has very few orings and moving parts, and just plain works. Performance is good enough to get you out of dodge, especially with helium in your backgas.
I have a mk2 r190 as an O2 reg. The hose routing ain't so great BUT I like that it tolerates flooding and all kinds of abuse and still works. Sealed diaphragms on deco bottles flood more than sealed diaphragm lovers want to admit. Then then fail :/

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom