other hobbies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Golf and sailing are for my relaxation, bowling (not so much as a hobby though, more as a semi professional).

If I were really honest, surfing the web and watching tv take up a lot of my waking hours! But when I can drag myself away I like to watch movies, read & eat! Interests are art, classical music, architecture. Trying to get back in the saddle (literally) - last rode on a regular basis over 10 years ago! Learning to ski. I can sail but find it kinda boring - apologies to the hardcore tackers out there! But otherwise I love all kinds of water sports - water-skiing, swimming, whitewater rafting, kayaking and... what is it... oh, the one with all the gear... wait - I've got it! Scuba diving! :wink:

Dafy - my god man, how do you find the time? I am envious!

Right now, the other hobby taking up my time is rock climbing and running. I am aiming for a half-marathon and possibly even a marathon this year if I can get by butt out and running more.

I also enjoy hiking, photography, travel, museums, eating & drinking...

Would like to get into: glass blowing, painting with watercolors.

Originally posted by Triton
Motorcycles, Mountain bike, target shooting and oh! yeah, the GYM to try and keep the weight uder control since my other hobby is eating.

when I was working as a bike wrench a regular customer told me he rides his bike so much because his wife is such a great cook, ( and yes she is MMMMMMMMMMM good)

I have been in bit of a pesonal delima; do I have one hobby or three? is it can't beat them join them? or keep your friends close and your opponent closer?

Oh well I went diving today again and blew my "saftey stop" following this nearly 8 pound bass..

well did you get the bass? hope it was a least a little worthwhile for ya! I'm assuming everything is ok?:)

Kayla:)

What would give you that idea??

I am going through the "be one with nature" phase. I left the large female bass alone, though I know that if I told my buddy*
the true size and amount of bass in the area I would have been forced to go back and catch them. I think the more I learn about fishing and diving the happy medium is to be a guest in their enviroment, noting where all the structure lies and come back.

* one of the benefits of true low viz diving my buddy was at 500 psi in his AL80 so had to surface while I with my LP120 still had over 1000psi

for me its music of all types and classic war films.

Andy

Inparticular the WWII Sub movies

Das Boot
Run silent run deep
operation peticoat

ect .....

Originally posted by SunshineFish
Dafy - my god man, how do you find the time? I am envious!

. . .
Would like to get into: glass blowing, . . .

I don't know how to not fill up my time any more... And I was a Fine Arts / Graphic Design / Education Major, now Teaching High School. A loving and understanding wife makes a big difference too.

I would like to try glass blowing some day.

If I had to admit the real truth, it has been a few months for most things on my list. But I do enjoy them all.

Back
Top Bottom