regulator suggestions for stage tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait until he finds the pure white ones.
I have one.

cmon bro.

D003232F-8423-4F7E-AB50-483020861D0C.jpeg

Mk11 is an unsealed diaphragm...
yeah it was late and I was sleeply lol

Still dont like diaphragms for deco regs. The HOG diaphragms are especially poor choices IMHO, but they all get depressurized accidentally then water gets past the DIN fitting and they fail - sometime spectacularly. Pistons just dont have this issue, although they may leak, having a seat or a diaphragm catastrophically fail is rarer than rare.

yeah it was late and I was sleeply lol

Still dont like diaphragms for deco regs. The HOG diaphragms are especially poor choices IMHO, but they all get depressurized accidentally then water gets past the DIN fitting and they fail - sometime spectacularly. Pistons just dont have this issue, although they may leak, having a seat or a diaphragm catastrophically fail is rarer than rare.

i dived with mk17 for years but it was a yoke valve. it shoudn't be a problem with din right?

i understand some use mk2. but planning on using em for deco. planning to take up Tdi adv nitrox and tdi decompression procedures.. im going to be spending time breathing on these regs and not just for emergency use. i would want em to be ... balanced hehehe.. i know.. im a luxury diver. whenever i do airsharing drills my buddy is always surprised how "loose" my regulator breathes lol.

With a good balanced second at the depths you will be deco'ing, you will not be able to tell a significant difference unless you are breathing the bottle down below, say 200psi. The 2nd is far more important.

With a good balanced second at the depths you will be deco'ing, you will not be able to tell a significant difference unless you are breathing the bottle down below, say 200psi. The 2nd is far more important.
Oh.... so like mk2 with a g260 2nd?

i was thinking mk11 with a g260

Oh.... so like mk2 with a g260 2nd?

i was thinking mk11 with a g260

The Mk2 G260 is $120 cheaper here , as a side note to the Mk11 comparison , [it's not a basic piston that works for less]
It's on a stage cylinder correct?
Like the G260 though.
Edit: What he said above, too slow.

The Mk2 G260 is $120 cheaper here , as a side note to the Mk11 comparison , [it's not a basic piston that works for less]
It's on a stage cylinder correct?
Like the G260 though.
Edit: What he said above, too slow.
What donyou mean too slow?

mk11 is like an unsealed mk17

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom