For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, as shiny as you can get it. lol
As a former owner of a bullet casting shop, I can help you out here. The easiest way to get shiny castings is to use linotype or another alloy with a generous amount of tin.

If you are using something closer to pure lead, you'll need to heat the mold up to the lowest temp that will work. Typically you'll have to reject a sizeable portion of your casts at that temperature.

Either way, the shine will start dulling in a couple of hours as the lead oxidizes unless you clearcoat it with something. Or you can give it a quick polish with a scotchbrite pad. There are some cowboy action shooters that like the silver bullet look enough to do this.

Do these things actually exist, or are they just a myth?
Bait used to lure us back time after time?

I've been on 'the list' for years in theory.
@Eric Sedletzky

Do these things actually exist, or are they just a myth?
Bait used to lure us back time after time?

I've been on 'the list' for years in theory.
@Eric Sedletzky
They actually really do exist!
The standard s/s ones right now. If you wanted a standard plate you would have been set to go years ago. However, I do have an aluminum plate of my own that I will be listing in classifieds because I will never be going to paradise to dive in the foreseeable future. I figure someone else will get more use out of it than me. It’s a large.

I have a lot of inventory in regular 1/8” 10 GA stainless and they have been going out.
The thin stainless plates are coming up next.
Aluminum has been discontinued. Everyone listed as wanting aluminum will have the option to get a thin stainless plate when they are notified.
The rail has also been discontinued.
The wedge, both in standard and heavy versions is what’s available now.

They exist, I have two, if I somehow end up with a light stainless I would sell the standard with rail.

I do have an aluminum plate of my own that I will be listing in classifieds because I will never be going to paradise to dive in the foreseeable future. I figure someone else will get more use out of it than me. It’s a large.

I'll keep my eye out for it, if a Large will fit 5'10", 220lb diver.

It was meant in jest; somehow I keep picking the materials not in production :D

Back
Top Bottom