Best place to snorkel in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ducatiwv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Won’t have time to dive , leaving on Tuesday but any recommendations for a good place to snorkel in Cozumel? Also after 11 times here got my badge of honor the last few days 2 tickets for $140 and still don’t know what I did wrong lol . Also pay the cop on the spot lol , that’s all the want anyway lol

Not speeding but was in car , said I didn’t stop but there was no stop sign , just wanted money because I went back and looked it was near mezacalitos, my friend owns that place

Won’t have time to dive , leaving on Tuesday but any recommendations for a good place to snorkel in Cozumel? Also after 11 times here got my badge of honor the last few days 2 tickets for $140 and still don’t know what I did wrong lol . Also pay the cop on the spot lol , that’s all the want anyway lol
Yeah, stop doing that.

I'd agree to not give in to la Mordita in most cases but if you've been drinking a little they have got you by the juevos and you'd better settle up then if you can.

I think there used to be a stop sign where bike lane crosses the road by mescalitos, not that I have seen anyone stop there.

I just wouldn’t get too creative with snorkeling Want to be inside swim buoys or right at shoreline. Too many accidents without surface markers swimming far from shore.

Money bar has snorkeling area but I think it was just OK as I recall. Think I might have heard better things about Playa Corona. Sunset (closer to town ) also has a decent snorkeling area but still nothing special.

I snorkel all the time on shore wall (12 foot deep ) in northern hotel zone in Coral Princess/Hotel B area, but access not that easy unless you are at hotel or condo. Might google playa Azul or Buccanos snorkeling , but think there is a little less to see that far north. There is less to see in the Las Brisas area of that shoreline.

I'd agree to not give in to la Mordita in most cases but if you've been drinking a little they have got you by the juevos and you'd better settle up then if you can.

Not drinking but was a few miles from Mezacalitos headed back , it was 7pm no one else around , and he was saying he was going to arrest us, I love Cozumel but in the 11 times I’ve been here I’ve never had this type of problems , twice in 3 days , I honestly doubt I come back for awhile. It seems like they are targeting tourists for money . As I said I really love the island and the people , but it’s really not worth it if this continues, just my 2 cents

I think there used to be a stop sign where bike lane crosses the road by mescalitos, not that I have seen anyone stop there.

I just wouldn’t get too creative with snorkeling Want to be inside swim buoys or right at shoreline. Too many accidents without surface markers swimming far from shore.

Money bar has snorkeling area but I think it was just OK as I recall. Think I might have heard better things about Playa Corona. Sunset (closer to town ) also has a decent snorkeling area but still nothing special.

I snorkel all the time on shore wall (12 foot deep ) in northern hotel zone in Coral Princess/Hotel B area, but access not that easy unless you are at hotel or condo. Might google playa Azul or Buccanos snorkeling , but think there is a little less to see that far north. There is less to see in the Las Brisas area of that shoreline.

Thank you so much

Not drinking but was a few miles from Mezacalitos headed back , it was 7pm no one else around , and he was saying he was going to arrest us, I love Cozumel but in the 11 times I’ve been here I’ve never had this type of problems , twice in 3 days , I honestly doubt I come back for awhile. It seems like they are targeting tourists for money . As I said I really love the island and the people , but it’s really not worth it if this continues, just my 2 cents

Thanks for the further information. That is ridiculous. Sorry it happened to you.

El Cid la Ceiba has a dedicated snorkel/swim area - I thought it was pretty good. Saw the largest, most colorful snail I've ever seen - the shell alone was at least 2 fist sizes - figures I didn't have my camera with me that time. They used to offer a day pass so not sure if you can sneak in or not. I'd probably head towards the onsite dive op and then walk over to the snorkeling area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom