Costa Rica: dive sites, shops, and accommodation on Pacific side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiawata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi dive buddies,

I am planning a dive trip to Pacific side of Costa Rica for 15-18 days in March-April. Most dive sites I have been referred to are in Guanacaste. Are there other good dive sites easily reachable by car from Guanacaste? All suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks and Happy bubbles!

On the Pacific side I have dove around Guanacaste (Coco) as well as Drake Bay which not reachable by vehicle. There is diving on the SE tip of Nicoya that might be reachable but not sure.

When I said by a car, I mean moving between locations, take a boat from mainland, and go there for a day trip. Thanks for the info!

Ah, well regardless Drake Bay is not really reachable by vehicle (unless your are a local - though that may have changed).

It might be worth looking around to see if you can catch a last minute deal on a trip out to Cocos Island. Fantastic place!

Reactions: Dan
Ah, well regardless Drake Bay is not really reachable by vehicle (unless your are a local - though that may have changed).
Thank you. I looked into Drake Bay. Yes, this would be a challenge to get there by car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom