Accidentally slightly unscrewed second stage inlet fitting while replacing regulator LP hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galodoido

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am always careful to use two wrenches when replacing the hose in the second stage, but this time the inlet fitting ("second stage nut") got slightly unscrewed when I was tightening the hose fitting in the second stage.

upload_2021-2-18_19-22-33.png

I just went ahead and tightened it back into where I thought it was. Anybody see any potential issues if somehow I didn't manage to tighten it back to where it was?

I believe I was able to reverse what I did and I tried to unscrew it with my hand just to be sure and it looks pretty snug in there. I tested the regulator and it has no leaks and is breathing fine.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

yeah man, its a regulator, not a bomb.....snug it back up where it was and youll be fine.

If you did not use a torque wrench and tighten it to exactly 3.15 ft-lbs you will find that once pressurized to 134.56 psi and at a depth 56.245 feet that the regulator will implode. So hopefully it is your alternate.

If that happens again (and it will...) then when you screw it back in, press the purge button so the soft seat (#38) is not pressed against the sharp orifice (#36).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom