CocoView suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Over the years I've cooled on most of the boat dives. We do "a bit" of night diving and since it is vacation, I'm not necessarily busting my hump to make the morning boat. It's supposed to be fun, not work.

I like Calvin's Crack, not so much because of the crack although it is beautiful. But we almost always encounter squid there. I like Mary's Place, we probably do the swim through every other time. There is so much life there, it feels like the western pacific, we often stay outside and enjoy the show. Mr. Bud is another favorite of ours.

More often, while I am cool with swimming out, we will drop off the boat on its way out, on one of the walls (if conditions allow we work the sand channels and coral heads on top of the CCV wall), or the wreck (I love exploring the CCV channel). We like to poke around on our own. We may not see everything, not having the eyes of a CCV guide, but we enjoy some underwater solitude.

The day trips are dependent on them having enough sign ups, and for the past few years that's been spotty during my visits. I've done one to West end, years ago and it was great. One other to the east end just a couple of years ago, and it was OK, it turned into a lion fish safari and the DMs were coaching the guest hunters and not pointing things out to non-hunters, not a deal breaker but we paid for the trip too. The east is nice, I used to dive with the Reefhouse which is located down there.

It's hard to go wrong diving Coco View. Unless you don't dive Coco View.

Thank everybody, meaning the SB community by dropping a trip report in this forum. Apparently there’s some kind of new widget that lets you insert TRIP REPORT so that it appears atop the thread.

spread the knowledge

GDS1278! Just a tip for your wife for a night dive. The first time, take her when its still light out but the sun is about to set. That way she gets down there and starts seeing things and then it just keeps getting darker and darker. A lot of companies here in Aruba start the night dive when its still light and then when you are done, its dark. Then if she likes it, you can work your way to going when its dark. Just a thought! Hope you enjoy. AB

I’m about to finalize my plans for a fall trip to Coco and have a few questions.
Do the tanks have convertible/pro valves, can I dive my DIN regulator ?
Do the rooms have a mini fridge? Is there a store close by where you could by drinks (beer) and snacks ?

Yes
Yes, also 24\7 access to ice machine
The bar and also the gift shop

CCV is on its own small private islet, a 5 minute boat ride to “the landing”. From there, the office can arrange a cab to take you the ten minute ride to the grocery in French Harbor. After all the many times I’ve been there, I don’t know anyone who has bothered to go shopping. I have seen it on rare occasion, but the few pennies of up charge to buy at the resort more than pays for the hassle, cab ride, and losing a dive or two.

Yes
Yes, also 24\7 access to ice machine
The bar and also the gift shop

CCV is on its own small private islet, a 5 minute boat ride to “the landing”. From there, the office can arrange a cab to take you the ten minute ride to the grocery in French Harbor. After all the many times I’ve been there, I don’t know anyone who has bothered to go shopping. I have seen it on rare occasion, but the few pennies of up charge to buy at the resort more than pays for the hassle, cab ride, and losing a dive or two.

@Doc Thank you for the info. You seen to be the resident expert. Do I need to bring a lock ? Its way out, I just booked for October but beginning to formulate a plan

@Doc Thank you for the info. You seen to be the resident expert. Do I need to bring a lock ? Its way out, I just booked for October but beginning to formulate a plan

No locks required. Your "locker" is open. Take your computer back to your room. The island is secure. I've never even locked my door while I'm there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom