Dive shops in key largo that allow decent bottom times?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jf3193

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good afternoon gang,
Headed to key largo for the first time in many years. My memory of last visit ( don’t recall the dive operator) was that they had pretty conservative bottoms times ( 45 min vs 1 hour)
Do you guys know if that’s a keys standard, or are some outfits more restrictive than others. I realize the times are there because of their schedule, but was hoping for more vs. less if an option since I’m very conservative on air consumption.
Thanks!

Recreational or technical diving? Horizon likely a good choice in either scenario.

Recreational or technical diving? Horizon likely a good choice in either scenario.
Rec. thanks. I called Horizon and they seemed liked 45 min on shallow reefs and 25 on the deep wrecks was their standard.

Rec. thanks. I called Horizon and they seemed liked 45 min on shallow reefs and 25 on the deep wrecks was their standard.

Is that total dive time or bottom times? I like it when I am told do your dive come back with 50 bar regardless of depth and no time limit is imposed. Some places I dive it's 55 - 60 mins others are 75 mins or 40 bar.

FWIW, last summer with Horizon (who I normally use once a year), they gave us 65 minutes on the reefs from the time they said to jump in. If you took 20 minutes to get ready after that, then you may be stuck with 45 minutes. I had six dives that averaged 59 minutes and two were cut short. We were fairly quick to jump one and some of the last to exit the water so the early boarders may have been in for 45 minutes. I like Horizon. Also, Conch Republic has a good operation from what I remember.

Enjoy your trip!

I have an 1hr 50 min dive on the speigel in my logs with horizon, on a two tank recreatonal trip. Dont think they much care what you do as long as you are prepared for what you intend to do and are back when its time to leave.

Is that total dive time or bottom times? I like it when I am told do your dive come back with 50 bar regardless of depth and no time limit is imposed. Some places I dive it's 55 - 60 mins others are 75 mins or 40 bar.
She made it sound like entry to exit the water times over the phone. I’m hoping I misunderstood, but regardless I’ll enjoy my time in the water!

I have an 1hr 50 min dive on the speigel in my logs with horizon, on a two tank recreatonal trip. Dont think they much care what you do as long as you are prepared for what you intend to do and are back when its time to leave.
Sounds good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom