Just arrived on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoy your trip. What part of the island are you staying? Would be interested in your plans for testing for the return and how that goes.
This is my 5th trip to Curacao and I've always stayed in Boca Sami at an AirBNB or a studio apartment I stumbled into for my first trip. Boca Sami is about 1/2 way up the island so it is easier to the western sites as well as make it to Wilemstat

Buy a map of the dives sites in Curacao and start with number 1, Playa Kalki in Westpunt, if you are living closer to Westpunt and work your way down. You will have plenty of time to do ALL of the dive sites at least twice in the time you are staying there. If you are living closer to Willemstad, start with the reverse all the way to number 1.

So, why not 8 or 10 weeks? Summer is a long ways away, this is the best time to be in Curacao, through the spring :)
Ahhh it's tempting isn't it. . . in the interest of full disclosure, I've already spent 5 weeks on the Big Island, Hawai'i

Sucks to be me :cool:

Ahhh it's tempting isn't it. . . in the interest of full disclosure, I've already spent 5 weeks on the Big Island, Hawai'i

Sucks to be me

You owe us a daily report with pictures then :)

Diving Hawaii this time of the year is a nipple raising experience. You will need a 7mm suit. I was there circa 2003 in February and dove on the Kona Aggressor and then on to Maui, exciting but cold.

I wish you a safe and enjoyable trip with lots of awesome diving!!!

As of today (things may change on Monday), Curacao 'only' requires a nasopharyngeal (aka brain probe) COVID test within 72 hours of departure (in my case PDX). They specifically exclude antigen or 'rapid' PCR tests. My test results came back within 36 hours (your mileage may vary of course) so I was good to go. My plan "B" was to check for the test results on my SFO and MIA connections and upload the results if available then. Plan "C" was to go into quarantine and try to sweet talk my way out when the test results came in (again the 72 hours before departure threshold).

Going back to the US seems easier right now, since they will accept an antigen test within 3 days (not 72 hours) of departure.

I am very happy to hear the PCR test is the only one required. I had assumed that Curacao, being a Netherlands Antilles island, would have the same protocol as Bonaire, thoroughly discussed in another thread. Hopefully the current Covid testing will get no worse, and perhaps loosen for those that have been vaccinated. Thank you for your quick reply.

You owe us a daily report with pictures then :)

Diving Hawaii this time of the year is a nipple raising experience. You will need a 7mm suit. I was there circa 2003 in February and dove on the Kona Aggressor and then on to Maui, exciting but cold.

I wish you a safe and enjoyable trip with lots of awesome diving!!!
A rashguard top only for me in Hawaii. . . I did wear a 5/3 shortie on the Manta dive and on the Pelagic dive though. For both of those, there is really no movement, so even the most hearty will get a triffle chilly. If you want your nipples to get hard, try diving in Northern British Columbia (aka God's Pocket). Even with a drysuit, at 42-44 oF on the bottom, things get chilly.

Are the restaurants in W’stad open?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom