How to answer "what is your highest certification level"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once at a SB meetup to dive with manatees,
That was quite a while ago. Fond memories!

I usually tell them that I'm certified to go to the bottom and back. Most boat operators know me because of you guys, so I hardly need more than a business card... unless I'm on @Wookie's boat! :D :D :D

However, when requested, I show off my full cave card by @Capt Jim Wyatt. Even for an OW dive, such a card earns a lot of respect. They stop asking for NitrOx or pretty much anything else. If you get the chance to learn from a legend, you should do it.

Cards might be a clue, but show up with a double hose kit, and let the real fun begin!
you mean thats not a rebreather?

Here's a twist on this: How the hell does one list tech diving qualification on a résumé using minimal words in a way that's clear enough to convey to non-divers that it's an advanced cert, but precise enough for divers to understand your actual cert level?

Here's a twist on this: How the hell does one list tech diving qualification on a résumé using minimal words in a way that's clear enough to convey to non-divers that it's an advanced cert, but precise enough for divers to understand your actual cert level?

As an example - AN/DP - "Advanced Nitrox/Decompression Procedures" or "Staged Decompression/Accelerated DECO"...

One could state "Mixed Gas Diving" for TriMix...

and if necessary my NAUI Helitrox.
NAUI doesn't like all the lower-level cards for their instructors. I remember showing my NAUI Instructor card to a dive-op back in 2003. They still wanted a NitrOx card. "But I can teach NitrOx with this card". "Yeah, but we still need a NitrOx card." "Ask me any question about NitrOx!" "Why? I'm not a diver. I don't even know what NitrOx is!" I went to the dive-op next door instead. :D
This week marks my 50th year as a diver, original card disintegrated years ago, AOW PADI card is alli carry, it works all over the world.
Welcome to the 50+ years of diving club. I'll hit 52 this July.

My wife, before we dove together, would say “Rescue” even though she was an instructor. When she answered “instructor” many boats would saddle her with the greenest greenhorn on the boat with the notion that she would be their nursemaid for the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom