Egypt Liveaboard: which and where??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is really superb thank you.
I am set on the BDE itinerary then.
Now on timing if i may, i read from your kind replies that summer is better. Fair. Does anyone have a view on how summer vs march/april fares for the largest species?
For eg what is The season , in the BDE itinerary, for

Oceanice whitetips
Thresher
Mantas
Dolphins
Hammers

?

Any indication SUPER apppreciated, i know these things are always down to luck , but any view or knowledge you might have is v useful

Everything in summer, except OWT which is possible anytime, but the best time is mating season in fall (October/November).

Oceanice whitetips
Thresher
Mantas
Dolphins
Hammers

?

June 2018 - I saw:

1. A bunch of Oceanic White Tips
2. One Thresher
3. 4-5 Hammers
4. 1 manta
5. Dolphins on the surface only

What I REALLY wanted to see I didn't - which was a dugong.

I am going on the Aggressor III on April 24 (BDE) and the Aggressor II (Northern Red Sea, Ras Mohamed, Straits of Tiran) on May 1st.

Dependent, of course, on whether or not the trips get confirmed. I'll give a trip report when I get back if you'd like.

For a live aboard, try Dive Mania - the operator's name is Haitham, he's very cool, speaks perfect English and French. I've been diving with him a lot, did my advanced course with him, and did a New Years Even live aboard trip with him. Dive Mania is really active on Instagram, so you can get a good feel for the trips there.

For the big fauna, the southern Red sea is awesome. I have not done Brothers or Daedalus, but I have done Elphinstone and two dozen other sites along the mainland coast.

For dive resorts, my favorite is Marsa Shagra. Lots of options, for both shore and boat dives; they visit most of the best sites from Quesir to Fury Shoals, and you will never find a more professional diving experience that is, at the same time, as accommodating as you could ask for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom