Areas to avoid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try casa lotus a small verbo across the street from Tres Pelicanos and in the heart of the dining district
Great location!

The most dangerous areas in Cozumel are the sidewalks. Very uneven and ready to trip you.
The most dangerous part of Cozumel used to be the stairs up to the old location of Carlos n' Charlie's.

The most dangerous areas in Cozumel are the sidewalks. Very uneven and ready to trip you.
Walking back from El Morro last month on Juarez near 55 (to go Margarita in hand) I lift my eyes off the sidewalk to check if I was near Mr Tacos. Tripped and went flying (saved the Margarita, I am after all a professional) cuts and abrations on my hand and arm finally healed.

I was walking from Suites Colonial to Tres Pelicans one morning when a tile fell on the sidewalk from the edge of the roof. Missed me, but I didn't walk on that side of that block again.

I walk in the streets, they are safer than the sidewalks.

I usually look where I'm going...has proved beneficial for the past few decades.

The past 20 years we have visited Cozumel 2-3 times a year always renting a car with never being stopped by the police. Sometimes I am with my husband, many times I am alone. We use the car everyday!

Was doing a little data mining to see what I could find about car rental vs taxi's (back to 2017) and came across this/your post. I've been to Coz a few times myself and know there are still some things/places I want to visit next time I'm there (later this year), thus the reason for my search. Please don't think I'm questioning anything, but I have a serious question open to the poster or anyone else who uses a rental car as often as the poster.

In all the time that you have visited Coz, how does one use a rental car everyday (wouldn't you eventually run out of things/places to see/do/use it for?)

haven't found one.

In all the time that you have visited Coz, how does one use a rental car everyday (wouldn't you eventually run out of things/places to see/do/use it for?)
Depends on where you stay, how long, and what you like to do. We have rented cars every time we have gone, but not always for the whole time. However, as we've gotten to know the island (and its restaurants!) we have moved away from resorts and like staying in condos and having a car to go different places -- especially some of the great restaurants (many away from tourist areas).

Again, depending on your particulars, besides restaurants we use a car to:
  • Drive to the marina for diving, if we are not staying near the dive shop.
  • Go to Chankanaab, Punta Sur, or San Gervasio.
  • Ride all the way around the island at least once each trip.
  • Go shopping at Mega or Chedraui.
Sure, you could do much of this in taxis, but it can be nice (and sometimes cheaper) to have your own vehicle and not have to have cash for each ride. Also, it is kind of nice to avoid having to confirm the price of taxis and deal with the approximately 10% of drivers who try to charge double the proper rate. YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom