Areas to avoid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on where you stay

That is probably the biggest reason but I think others might just be the American lifestyle of having a car, some folks not knowing other ways to stay here amd some just wanting to stay south of town. Very unique in the so many ways to stay/live here.

That is probably the biggest reason but I think others might just be the American lifestyle of having a car, some folks not knowing other ways to stay here amd some just wanting to stay south of town. Very unique in the so many ways to stay/live here.
Agreed. When it was just my son and me coming to dive, it was nice to stay in town, walk to the dive shop, walk to all of the good restaurants around town, etc. We just rented a car to go to Punta Sur one day, and after he left to go home I rented a scooter to ride around the island and go to Chankanaab another day. But when I bring the whole family, we end up staying farther away from most things.

We always rent a car. We have never been at a loss of what to do or were to go. We have always rented in the Corpus Christi part of town rather than a resort. For us, it’s an easy, convenient and satisfying way to vacation on the island.

We always rent a car. We have never been at a loss of what to do or were to go. We have always rented in the Corpus Christi part of town rather than a resort. For us, it’s an easy, convenient and satisfying way to vacation on the island.
To each his/her own, but I gotta stay where I can see the water!

Back
Top Bottom