Shearwater Peregrine AI (sort of ... console mount)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New announcement email from DRIS this morning ...

Shearwater Peregrine Console

peregrine_console_ortho_front_no-compass-imperial.png

There is a version with a compass as well, but I couldn't get the picture embedded.

Definitely not air integrated, this is one of those things you have to go DOh! On.

Fact of the matter is, most divers prefer to have their dive computer on their wrist, it’s easier to look at and you view it more often.

Had this truly been an air integrated unit, then yeah for people the prefer console mounted units it would make a lot of sense.

Most likely targeted at dive shops to be used on their training and rental equipment. No clue why anyone who would buy a Peregrine would want that over a wrist mounted computer but to each their own.

And let’s see $808 for the compass and quick disconnect .. Yeah Umm no thanks. Think most people would just get a peregrine at $450 or less and spg for $140 or less and call it a day.

Hopefully shearwater is just testing the market and seeing if their is an interest in a console mount and looking to add AI...

And let’s see $808 for the compass and quick disconnect .. Yeah Umm no thanks. Think most people would just get a peregrine at $450 or less and spg for $140 or less and call it a day.

Hopefully shearwater is just testing the market and seeing if their is an interest in a console mount and looking to add AI...

I could be wrong but I don't believe this is from Shearwater. I believe it is from a third party.

my wife would love that.... currently she has my Cochran EMC20h in a similar configuration.....

great, now she will want a Peregrine......

upload_2021-2-24_12-36-12.png

The console with compass, quick disconnect, and hose is $838. If I wanted a console, I would probably get a real AI like the Oceanic Pro Plus 3 at $700, or Pro Plus 4 at $800. I dived a Pro Plus 2 from 2002-2010, it was a perfectly fine computer, my daughter still dives it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom