Shearwater Peregrine AI (sort of ... console mount)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got an email add from DRIS with this this morning...my first reaction was “really? Why would that be a good idea?”

I could be wrong but I don't believe this is from Shearwater. I believe it is from a third party.

Well all the shearwater suppliers seem to have it at exactly the same time, and it does have a shearwater logo on the back. So it does look like a shearwater branded product.

Just not sure what they were thinking.. Seems as crazy as when cressi was selling their digital spg for $350 when it first came out .

Well all the shearwater suppliers seem to have it at exactly the same time, and it does have a shearwater logo on the back. So it does look like a shearwater branded product.

Just not sure what they were thinking.. Seems as crazy as when cressi was selling their digital spg for $350 when it first came out .

Hummm. It's not on their website. Maybe they licensed a third part to manufacture them? Nothing I have any interest in but I'm just one diver.

ADD ... Not sure what you mean by "all suppliers"? It's not listed on the suppliers that I typically use.

I chatted online with DRIS. They say it is a Shearwater product

Hummm. I'm definitely surprised. I probably shouldn't be. If they want to extend further into the traditional recreational space I guess it makes sense.

Wow. People pay for inventory control and loss prevention. I imagine 'more of the needed parts in one package' simplifies things. And when those people buy, they buy several.

Why didn’t they rotate the computer 90°? And yeah, I can’t see that being appealing outside of rental/training. But even with rental/training, seems charging that puppy would be annoying. The quick disconnect helps, of course, but still.

But who am I to begrudge someone their reef-bashing console to drag? How else would we know the newbie divers? :)

Fugly doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Anyone feel dirty like Shearwater has debased themselves or something? :wink:

Fugly doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Anyone feel dirty like Shearwater has debased themselves or something? :wink:

It's a console, all are fugly. I think it kinda goes against the established demographic of Shearwater and SB bubble has been vocal about Peregrine release without AI option as strange. If only we could see sales numbers...

Back
Top Bottom