Teric and Perdix Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info and yes I also got the feeling that Arnaud is very good at customer service. At the end of the day I will buy one regardless of shipping cost but it would be nice to have a US supplier for these items.

If you think about it, you're trying to protect from scratches and such - that cool looking anodized aluminum is gonna scratch and oxidize. It's cool and it's different and I love toys too but I just have those silly rubber protectors, two different colors for two computers and they don't scratch.

If you think about it, you're trying to protect from scratches and such - that cool looking anodized aluminum is gonna scratch and oxidize. It's cool and it's different and I love toys too but I just have those silly rubber protectors, two different colors for two computers and they don't scratch.

I get what your saying and its 100% true but honestly it does not matter to me if the protector gets scratched because as soon as the dive is over and I am washing down my gear the thing is coming off. It would be nice if someone made a Silicone one for the Teric as that would probably add extra shock protection but all I have seen are the 3D printed plastic ones and from what I can gather from some of the reviews is that the latch clips don't last more than a few dives before they snap off. Also they are not a whole lot cheaper than these better made aluminum ones.

My dive buddies and myself got each one of these and they are GREAT and they response time is really fast.

The shipping cost to Puerto Rico was $65.00. So we ordered 3 and split the cost.

As someone else mentioned, they should partner with somebody in the USA in order to sell more.
View attachment 634493

I got a second email from Arnaud at Diveavenua in France and he said he would love to find a dealer in the USA that is willing to buy some inventory and sell within North America.

If anybody is interested in carrying these I am more than willing to buy a Teric protector from you. I am even more interested after reading the FAQ on Shearwater that specifically mentions that the Bezel cannot be easily or cheaply replaced because the sapphire glass and Oled screen are permanently bonded to the Bezel.

So now is the time for people to talk up and maybe if enough people are on board with this another member who sells equipment may chime in with an interest in taking this on.

I debated talking with them about being a reseller in the USA for these items. I absolutely love these covers. My concern is the initial capital investment, and the small number a people that have commented on this thread. As a small group of independent Instructors, having stock collect dust on the shelf is not a good thing. While I completely agree the rubber covers are not much cheaper, that is all Scuba Markup. Buying the Rubber covers in bulk from china are like $4 a piece and resell at $35. Sadly My Web Designer left the area during Covid, and I am having to start from scratch. Once i get back online I may entertain the conversation again.

For the Record, I love the Perdix cover more then the Teric, as it has to come off to charge.

dc (2).jpg

Yeah well that pink bezel cover would make my wife feel more girly while diving. :D

So much easier to spot Red or Yellow gear that has fallen off during a dive. You can go up to the maximum visibility range and just scan an area. Black gear requires a close sweep and takes ten times as long to find on the rocks.

I got mine in the same Red color for my Teric. The lower priced shipping was a wild ride, it took almost a month for it to arrive. Right now the only thing that is bugging my is that the protector fits on the Teric VERY tightly! I have to literally squeeze down hard to get it on. I wrote Arnaude an email and he asked if this is normal and he said yes.
I am wondering if its going to rub off the black finish on the sides of the Teric.

OK. We are bringing these in. The initial order was placed. They are now available on our website. Shearwater Dive Computer Accessories

We are guessing 2-4 weeks for shipping but it may be a little longer with how things are working as of lately. Order now and they will ship as soon as we get them.

OK. We are bringing these in. The initial order was placed. They are now available on our website. Shearwater Dive Computer Accessories

We are guessing 2-4 weeks for shipping but it may be a little longer with how things are working as of lately. Order now and they will ship as soon as we get them.

It's nice to see that you got them in. I bought a $5 pack of dental wax and used a bit of it to coat the inside of the protective cover. It now slides onto the Teric a lot easier and I don't have to worry about it possibly scratching the finish,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom