Frogman drysuit first impression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to you, I just got word my suit is done today and theyre working on shipping. Very excited and was a wonderful experience working with Denis

Im very excited for mine. Keep hoping it'll be on my door step one of these days but I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly I wasn't expecting the process to be so smooth but it was fairly painless even with the language barrier. Like you said in your first few posts, the payment and shipping were the biggest hassles. I was able to translate their MTM document through a service online and just bought a metric tailor style tape for measuring and just had my wife help out. I was also able to get mine with camo which I'm very very pumped about.

Frogman Tech is certainly in different tier than Sea Skin. I'd put it between Ursuit and Santi E.lite. Closer to Santi than Ursuit. At half the price of a E.lite

I have not seen a Frogman suit, but I have seen Ursuit, Santi E.lite, and Seaskin Nova and Ultra. I would have put Seaskin Nova on the same tier as Santi. I'm not going to debate whether it's identically as good. I'm just saying I'd put them both on the top shelf, where, just for examples, I would put a Bare trilam or a ScubaPro trilam or an Aqualung bag suit or a Waterproof D9 or D9X on a lower shelf.

You have a Seaskin and the Frogman. Can you be more specific about why you think the Seaskin is not even on the same tier as the Frogman?

The base price is ₽90,000 for Tech suit. Right now it will mean $1227.33.

So, $1227 is (or was) the price for the base suit, with no options?

Looking at the pricing on their web page, the Tech with the MTM option, Quick Neck, and Quick Cuff wrist rings takes it to 118,275 Rubles, which Google tells me is just over USD$1600.

Does that sound about right?

Also, I don't see anything on their page about other options for pockets, if you don't like the standard ones. But, they also don't show any option for a pee valve, yet I think you mentioned that they did offer you 2 choices for that. Do you know what all options they offer that are not shown on their web page?

Do they have an option for Kubi dry glove rings? Do they have an option for zippered thigh pockets, instead of velcro flaps? Those would be my two biggest things.

Do they have options for having them sew on places that will store an Eezycut? Like, on a sleeve or pocket flap?

Attention to details is great. The seams are glued, than taped like Ursuit, than they apply 2 layers of Aquasure over the entire tape.

Question about this. What you described there is specifically called out on the Frogman website as a technical feature of their Armor suit. It is not mentioned at all for the Tech suit.

Are the seams really done that way on the Tech suit, too? Or is that only on the Armor suit (which has a base starting price that converts to USD$1967)?

Question about this. What you described there is specifically called out on the Frogman website as a technical feature of their Armor suit. It is not mentioned at all for the Tech suit.

Are the seams really done that way on the Tech suit, too? Or is that only on the Armor suit (which has a base starting price that converts to USD$1967)?
Tech and Armor both have these type of seams. You can see the seams on the picture I posted.

I have not seen a Frogman suit, but I have seen Ursuit, Santi E.lite, and Seaskin Nova and Ultra. I would have put Seaskin Nova on the same tier as Santi. I'm not going to debate whether it's identically as good. I'm just saying I'd put them both on the top shelf, where, just for examples, I would put a Bare trilam or a ScubaPro trilam or an Aqualung bag suit or a Waterproof D9 or D9X on a lower shelf.

You have a Seaskin and the Frogman. Can you be more specific about why you think the Seaskin is not even on the same tier as the Frogman?

So, $1227 is (or was) the price for the base suit, with no options?

Looking at the pricing on their web page, the Tech with the MTM option, Quick Neck, and Quick Cuff wrist rings takes it to 118,275 Rubles, which Google tells me is just over USD$1600.

Does that sound about right?

Also, I don't see anything on their page about other options for pockets, if you don't like the standard ones. But, they also don't show any option for a pee valve, yet I think you mentioned that they did offer you 2 choices for that. Do you know what all options they offer that are not shown on their web page?

Do they have an option for Kubi dry glove rings? Do they have an option for zippered thigh pockets, instead of velcro flaps? Those would be my two biggest things.

Do they have options for having them sew on places that will store an Eezycut? Like, on a sleeve or pocket flap?
I like Sea Skin better than Ursuit, for example. Compared to Sea Skin, recent Ursuits have crooked stitching, less robust seams, etc.

Now, when I compare Sea Skin side by side with Frogman Tech, Frog appears better made. Kinda like comparing designer clothing with similar item from budget oriented brand. Doesn't mean one will perform better than the other. But also items that translate to real life performance. I think seams on Frogman Tech are better (besides neater glue application). Also, Frogman eliminated 4 way stitches. My Sea skin had couple of small leaks at those connections. Not a big deal, easily fixed, of course. But Frogman actively worked in eliminating the extra stressed points. I could take photos of Sea Skin and Frogman details side by side to show what I mean by looking and feeling better.

I don't know if they make zippered pockets or install KUBI systems. You can always ask. P-valves is something I asked about. Same with Slaggo. They don't have it as option but were happy to install them for me. I'm pretty sure they could add points for cutting device.

Yes, pricing seems right. Price changed to 95000 rubles from 90000. Exchange is volatile. Most materials they buy from western countries and they have to adjust pricing in rubles when their costs climb.

Back
Top Bottom