Wanted Halcyon focus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It wouldn’t make much sense to buy something and then immediately sell it. Thanks for letting me know.

Have you looked at the new Flare EXP? It might be just right for the time being considering price. Then when you upgrade, you can use this as a backup or sell it to me lol

Link: Halcyon Flare EXP Handheld

Have you looked at the new Flare EXP? It might be just right for the time being considering price. Then when you upgrade, you can use this as a backup or sell it to me lol

Link: Halcyon Flare EXP Handheld
if that one is build like the Focus 1, I'd stay away. Not well built. I had a Focus 1, leaked into the battery, which I discovered when it wasn't working, I put it on the charger, and it ruptured. $1400 paper weight after less than a year. Halcyon said it was my fault.

So, when the battery ruptured it ruined the light head? Are there more differences than just the head between the first and second version focus? Care to elaborate? I’m not following any of what you are saying.

So, when the battery ruptured it ruined the light head? Are there more differences than just the head between the first and second version focus? Care to elaborate? I’m not following any of what you are saying.
there were parts that were salvageable, but Halcyon had it. It wasn't any use anymore after that. Since it was one unit (not a canister light), there wasn't any practical reason to ask them to ship it back.

Ok, got it. I forget there’s even a non-canister version of the focus. The light head is long already and with the battery attached on the back seems like it would be a foot long and extend half way up my arm so I never gave any attention.

Ok, got it. I forget there’s even a non-canister version of the focus. The light head is long already and with the battery attached on the back seems like it would be a foot long and extend half way up my arm so I never gave any attention.
yeah, it did go halfway up my forearm, but didn't bother me at all.

if that one is build like the Focus 1, I'd stay away. Not well built. I had a Focus 1, leaked into the battery, which I discovered when it wasn't working, I put it on the charger, and it ruptured. $1400 paper weight after less than a year. Halcyon said it was my fault.

I've never known them not to replace something. If you still have it, I would try again to get it replaced.

I've never known them not to replace something. If you still have it, I would try again to get it replaced.
They kept it so not an option. I just warn others now

Back
Top Bottom