What regulator to buy for cave diving + regular diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I vote for a Scubapro MK20/G250 regs. They fit nicely on the doubles and also on the stages as the MK20 is a swivel turret first stage. I have 9 sets and I bought all of them on ebay and cleaned/serviced them. Cheap and reliable. Just my two cents...

Roland

Regs that look like APEKS regs are copies of APEKS regs

APEKS regs are THE cave diving reg, also many CCR regs.
except lately Apeks can't seem to make a decent HP seat, which has led to a crazy number of IP creep failures

not so much lately. They’ve been sucking lately. I got two sets two years ago with high hopes after being a diehard scuapro fan my entire life. The apeks suck. So many things I don’t like about them, but the big one is you never know when the hp seat will fail. This isn’t a solitary incident. I know of at least 10 cave divers I’m friends with that have had the same issue multiple times.

maybe in your part of the world, but not in this country they aren't, nor have they been for many years. The copies of Apeks regs have been doing much better for about 2/3 the price....

Mk20 G250s are complete crap and no diver in their right mind should ever buy them.

In fact, anyone who has them should be getting rid of them asap and be happy with whatever lowball offers they might receive from someone stupid enough to want them.

:bounce:

Mk20 G250s are complete crap and no diver in their right mind should ever buy them.

In fact, anyone who has them should be getting rid of them asap and be happy with whatever lowball offers they might receive from someone stupid enough to want them.

What is the basis of this statement? I have some and I don't think I'm stupid.

I was definitely JOKING!!! I dive nothing but MK20/G250s and Mk10/G250s

I figured it was a joke. It might’ve been more obvious if you had said something like “you should send them to me for proper disposal“ or somesuch. :)

As a part time cave, part time cold water diver, I prefer Apeks clones. I like the clean sealing of a diaphragm, and the extremely easy availability of parts and service, though not from an “authorized dealer”.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom