Secrets New Pier is in the works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveallthetime

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is as of today Feb. 25th for those who may want to have boat pick up in the near future.
secrects pier.jpg

Secrets told me completion date is Mar 25 when I asked on Facebook.

Secrets told me completion date is Mar 25 when I asked on Facebook.

Did they say what year? :) :) Construction schedules are even more fluid here than they are in the states, but its not rocket science so March 25th, 2021 is probably achievable. They are definitely under construction (which was already obvious from the picture). I dove San Clemente in front of the pier on Wednesday afternoon and I could hear the construction noise a few hundred yards away underwater.

I haven't seen an eagle ray in six dives this trip, but I gather last week people were tripping over them left and right. Guy in the pool had a group of 5 just hang out and play in front of their dive group for several minutes in the shallows (think he said Palancar)

Did they say what year? :) :) Construction schedules are even more fluid here than they are in the states, but its not rocket science so March 25th, 2021 is probably achievable. They are definitely under construction (which was already obvious from the picture). I dove San Clemente in front of the pier on Wednesday afternoon and I could hear the construction noise a few hundred yards away underwater.

I haven't seen an eagle ray in six dives this trip, but I gather last week people were tripping over them left and right. Guy in the pool had a group of 5 just hang out and play in front of their dive group for several minutes in the shallows (think he said Palancar)

we heard April 1st or so
saw eagle rays on 6 of 12 dives a couple were very photogenic. 2 times at Palancar Gardens, San Francisco and Santa Rosa. 4 or 5 turtles at different sites

a first for me, was doing video of a 5 foot green moray, turned and left went about 15 seconds away and felt someone bump my elbow but the someone was the eel. Ay Caramba!! I let out a bit of a scream and kicked hard to get away. Dive partner was trying to get my attention but I was facing away. Had a good laugh on the boat but was not laughing when it happened.

we heard April 1st or so
saw eagle rays on 6 of 12 dives a couple were very photogenic. 2 times at Palancar Gardens, San Francisco and Santa Rosa. 4 or 5 turtles at different sites

a first for me, was doing video of a 5 foot green moray, turned and left went about 15 seconds away and felt someone bump my elbow but the someone was the eel. Ay Caramba!! I let out a bit of a scream and kicked hard to get away. Dive partner was trying to get my attention but I was facing away. Had a good laugh on the boat but was not laughing when it happened.

Was this the perpetrator? Kind of believe this is the one that was harassing people at Cedral last year, but has moved on to Santa Rosa since Cedral is temporarily closed per the reef rotation schedule. It must have gotten bored without divers to chase. Not the best photo because my strobes were out of position from shooting under a ledge right before this and it was difficult to adjust them without taking my eyes off the eel (which I was reluctant to do since I kind of like having all my fingers). Haven't heard of it actually biting anyone but I didn't want to be the first :)

EDIT: I had originally said Yucab but I think it was actually Santa Rosa shallows area right down current from Cedral/Cedar Pass.
DSC05697.jpg

DSC05703.jpg

Was this the perpetrator? Kind of believe this is the one that was harassing people at Cedral last year, but has moved on to Santa Rosa since Cedral is temporarily closed per the reef rotation schedule. It must have gotten bored without divers to chase. Not the best photo because my strobes were out of position from shooting under a ledge right before this and it was difficult to adjust them without taking my eyes off the eel (which I was reluctant to do since I kind of like having all my fingers). Haven't heard of it actually biting anyone but I didn't want to be the first :)

EDIT: I had originally said Yucab but I think it was actually Santa Rosa shallows area right down current from Cedral/Cedar Pass.
View attachment 644437
View attachment 644438

The Dude that chased me looked like he had one eye missing or has a problem with it. Think he was chasing the red lens cap from my camera that was hanging down. Glad he was only using one eye.

Actually it was Santa Rosa Shallows. here was a quick snap I got after I shot some video

Attachments

• green eel that chased me.JPG
    green eel that chased me.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 74
thumbnail

Pic from this from morning from friends of secrets

So how’s the Secrets Pier progressing?

Back
Top Bottom