Sucba Pro air 2 murky water affecting it. looking for another brand??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It takes about 10 minutes to fix.

About 9 1/2 minutes to find the right allen wrench (size and length) and then 30 seconds to fix and see if you can still inhale easily enough.

I think its sand causing the problem... Will be interesting to see if it woks...My reg did it yesterday and I washed it and soaked it today. It works perfect now... Same cycle I have been going thur with these multiple times.

One small caution with a downstream second stage. When you advance the orifice with the hex key (3/16"), that will indeed seal tighter against the seat and stop your freeflow. But as you do, the poppet carrying the seat is pushed into the reg body and the lever drops. Very small advancements can produce large lever drops. The lower the lever, the smaller the valve can open. The smaller the opening, the less air when you need it most.
That's why with a downstream reg, orifice advancements are ALWAYS accompanied by tightening the lever nut. If taking off the cover and diaphragm and tightening the nut is not something you're comfortable with, I'd recommend that you consult a tech.
If you want to give it a go with minimal risk, try 1/12 to 1/6 turn (5 to 10 min on the clock face) max, and see if it seals up. Anything more than that and you're risking a dangerous loss in air flow from lever drop.
If the pressurized reg "clacks" when you shake it, your lever is loose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom