Wanted Halcyon focus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you get a refund? That sounds really sus or could there be more to this story?
I bought it from 5th Dimension. Told Mark the owner. He advised me to ship to Halcyon. Pic of the last email.
5004DC4A-D911-47B4-A85B-E80F095CB292.png

I'm sorry that happened, did you find out why it leaked?

I'm sorry that happened, did you find out why it leaked?
No. Hard to diagnose after I put it on the charger and the battery/case ruptured. It was difficult to remove from the charger as a result.

It was an expensive lesson.

No. Hard to diagnose after I put it on the charger and the battery/case ruptured. It was difficult to remove from the charger as a result.

It was an expensive lesson.

Damn man, that sucks. I've heard the Focus 2.0 is having some problems on high mode as well but they have been replacing them if yours happens to have that issue. With that said, I've used a friend's EXP and it's a great little light. I normally use LM for my primary.

Damn man, that sucks. I've heard the Focus 2.0 is having some problems on high mode as well but they have been replacing them if yours happens to have that issue. With that said, I've used a friend's EXP and it's a great little light. I normally use LM for my primary.
Hard to say. If you look at the date, this was back in 2018. My light is most likely gone. I’ll buy a used Halcyon light, but never a new one.

they do make really good DSMBs though!

What was it they said you did wrong that caused it not to be covered under warranty?
Remember, the battery blew up, and fortunately it wasn't a bomb due to being designed to handle that case (unlike another company's canister lights which have been pulled from the market). They believed it was dropped. From the 2nd story or higher? Hard to say. There was scuffs, the worst fall was from 3 feet, but that light never suffered like the lights I give to my open water students. One of them flew 10 feet and fell from a height of 6 feet. It was the weakest light I've ever owned. I get it was their first attempt, but it was a fragile design.

The only thing I like and have from Halcyon is their weighted STA and halo jam nuts. Prices and that example of customer service puts me off them in general.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom