Divertug DT12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdmp

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently came across this DPV out of Europe:

DT12 – Divertug

The size, specs, lithium battery and price (1246 euros) make it look like a possible great shore diving DPV. Has anyone had experience with this one?

12-04-1.png

I have done about 20 dives with one of these and I am pretty happy with it considering the price.

We've tested the battery capacity on a 70 minute dive at full speed trying to get from point A to B (a distance of about 3km). My partners DPV failed at about 65 minutes and with mine I managed to finish the dive (I'm a bit smaller / lighter). So the specs are pretty accurate on that part.

The DPV is also light weight which I think is a plus for shore diving. Under water they are less "stable" then bigger / longer DPV's but I think it adds to the fun, easy to move around.

Can't comment yet on how they will peform after a longer period of use. Must say that both my partner and I had the same problem with the trigger. There is al little screw for locking the trigger which we both lost somewhere during a dive. No big deal and easy to fix if you're a bit handy. Guess this comes with the price tag :wink:.

So far no other complaints. We've had loads of fun with these so far.

I have done about 20 dives with one of these and I am pretty happy with it considering the price.

We've tested the battery capacity on a 70 minute dive at full speed trying to get from point A to B (a distance of about 3km). My partners DPV failed at about 65 minutes and with mine I managed to finish the dive (I'm a bit smaller / lighter). So the specs are pretty accurate on that part.

The DPV is also light weight which I think is a plus for shore diving. Under water they are less "stable" then bigger / longer DPV's but I think it adds to the fun, easy to move around.

Can't comment yet on how they will peform after a longer period of use. Must say that both my partner and I had the same problem with the trigger. There is al little screw for locking the trigger which we both lost somewhere during a dive. No big deal and easy to fix if you're a bit handy. Guess this comes with the price tag :wink:.

So far no other complaints. We've had loads of fun with these so far.

Is the dpv neutral-trim in the water? Also, are you able to fly with the batteries currently in the dpv?

Is the dpv neutral-trim in the water? Also, are you able to fly with the batteries currently in the dpv?

The DPV has a lithium battery, not sure if you are able to fly with them or not.

The DPV has 2 small weights inside which you can remove to adjust the trim.
I found that in fresh water, with both weights, the DPV is slightly negative. Removing one of the weights makes it a bit too positive for my liking. Still trying to make small adjustments by using double enders as extra weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom