Scubapro Hydros Pro Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What doo dads are you referring to? The weight pockets ?

All the plastic connections....look at the pictures above. Imagine a continuous two-inch webbing strap with only 1 connection, (a stainless waist buckle), and ZERO doodads.

What doo dads are you referring to? The weight pockets ?

personally, i like the swivels at the shoulder straps but could do without the additional releases at the same location.
I was referring to the weight pockets, the add-on pockets and attachment points you can buy, the fixed position shoulder strap (I bought a slider from Piranha that allows me to change where the shoulder strap sits on the waist belt without using the fancy gizmo thing in the backplate). I think the best thing I did with mine was replace the floppy webbing with stiff. Makes it a lot easier to don and dof, especially with all that sticky rubber.

Not much adjustment with the shoulder straps there, the M would be my choice not the S.
Did you Try the M on ?

I tried on the M at the shop, with street clothes. It felt fine as well, but there wasn't a lot of room in the waist to tighten further; I was concerned that with, for example, a 3mm suit it might be too loose.

But I agree on the shoulder straps-- the angle of the swivels is pretty sharp; I'm thinking on the M it might be more of a straight line, and with that less pulling.

After reading the comments here, I think I'll head back to the shop with my 3mm and try on the M. If it's not grossly oversized, I'll exchange it.

Thanks for all of the feedback. :cheers:

Don't be be put off by some of the posts here, it's a great BC with or without the weight pockets, the simple harness is very good for warm water diving here [I have one in M], I am your size [except the 30" waist, that was 20 years ago, now 34"] and I like the way it 'sticks'.

I am 6'0 to 6'1 and weigh about 150 lbs, waist size 32 and broad shouldered

I have an M with about 150 dives
the M feels a little loose
In the sense that there's a good amount of slack from shoulder and waist straps

I cannot fathom how you'd feel in a medium

Thank you for posting photographs because I can clearly see that a small fits you

With the 7mm on, you have excess strap slack
You'll have more with a skin suit on

Now imagine a skin with a size medium

I am 6'0 to 6'1 and weigh about 150 lbs, waist size 32 and broad shouldere

Now imagine a skin with a size medium
68Kg and 6'1" [186 cm approx] , that is light for your height , Do you have any photos of you in the the BC ?
I am shorter by 4" and 79kg and broad in the shoulders and 34" waist and a M fits like glove.

68Kg and 6'1" [186 cm approx] , that is light for you height , Do you have any photos of you in the the BC ?
I am shorter by 4" and 79kg and broad in the shoulders and 34" waist and a M fits like glove.

I'm 78 kg, so more like 171 lbs

Here's a photo from when I weighed 82kg (185lbs)

20201227_144052.jpg
20201227_141812.jpg

I'm 78 kg, so more like 171 lbs

Here's a photo from when I weighed 82kg (185lbs)

View attachment 645606 View attachment 645607

Can you ditch the weights from the pockets you have on there easily underwater without struggle and without having to look for them?

(Possible scenarios: while you are waiting to board a boat/platform in the water trying to remove the weight pockets to hand them over to a person on the boat/platform before climbing up on the boat/platform. Another, in a rescue/assistance situation on the surface).

Can you ditch the weights from the pockets you have on there easily underwater without struggle and without having to look for them?
If you are diving a balanced rig, why would you ever have to ditch weights underwater?

If you are not diving a balanced rig, why aren't you?

If you are diving a balanced rig, why would you ever have to ditch weights underwater?

If you are not diving a balanced rig, why aren't you?

Oh brother, here we go again...
Can't somebody ask a question without the bullying and the snotty attitude?

Back
Top Bottom