What are things you wish you could tell your past self?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No matter what someone tells you if the water is colder than 75 F, forget it.

Reactions: Doc
I would tell me to save some of that money I spent partying and invest $10,000 in Apple when it's stock was at it's lowest in 1997. I did the numbers once and that would have made me a billionaire today!

back_to_the_future.jpg

Back to the Future

As much as I hate to say this, I think that if we had stopped that attack we would have faced a much worse one, probably a nuke or dirty bomb, within a decade. Before 9/11 our intelligence agencies were underfunded and had to follow rules that prevented them form collaborating, which is why we failed to stop 9/11 in the first place. After 9/11 the increase in funding, resources and the changing of rules have prevented much worse attacks. FYI, my sister was supposed to be in a meeting in the WTC that day but a few days before the people that she was meeting with decided to fly down to my sister's offices in Miami for the meeting instead. We didn't know she wasn't in the building for several hours after it collapsed and we couldn't reach her cell phone and feared the worst.

Sticking to scuba.
- Start earlier.
- Start with a BP/W (large SS) with basic harness.
- Always bring some Benadryl on dive trips.
- If you are going to buy tanks for single tank diving, get HP100s (not AL80s).
Thought of a couple more from real life events:
- Use checklists for both trip and daily packing.
- The trip checklist should include a count of your bags for any number > 1.
- Flight numbers and departure times may both be written as 4 digit numbers on your itinerary. Don't mix them up.
- After snorkeling, no matter how nice the break, do not body surf back in while wearing your prescription dive mask.
- Whatever the agreement, get it in writing.

Ok big guy, that blonde is trouble-dump her. In fact move to Cozumel.
BTW yeah, a single hose regulator will work. Don’t wait so long to put the double hose away.

"Take up diving. You'll love it"

I didn't start diving until later in life.

That's mine too!

I wasted a bunch of time with the golfing. Should have skipped that part. The skiing and windsurfing were great and I wouldn’t have wanted to give those up instead of diving, even so, wish I'd started diving back then and done them all, except the golf.

That's mine too!

I wasted a bunch of time with the golfing. Should have skipped that part. The skiing and windsurfing were great and I wouldn’t have wanted to give those up instead of diving, even so, wish I'd started diving back then and done them all, except the golf.
LOL, I'm just getting serious about golf now. I can do both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom