Drysuit undergarments multiple days of diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like the others, I bring a bunch of base layers and just hang the undergarment up to dry. If it gets particularly smelly then I’ll wash it. After a few house rentals with and without washer/dryers I only like to rent ones that have a washer/dryer. Let’s me take less base layers and gives me the ability to wash my undergarments if necessary.

I would just hang it up to air dry when on multiday dive trips then wash them once I'm back home. That was my FE Halo 3D. I would wear a smartwool base layer under that and I had multiple sets of those. I would wear one base layer for maybe 2 days and hang it to air dry in between.

Sorry to hijack your thread @Manatee Diver
What are peoples thoughts on FE J2 base layer for this sort of situation. I know they aren’t cheap but either is flying a drysuit to Mexico. But according to their website it was designed for extended use diving...

Just a little extra information to evaluate. The baking soda based "scent killer" sprays hunters utilize do a nice job of killing sweat bo (body odor) for thermals when you are air drying them. It also reduces the number of wash cycles that breaks down the insulating ability of the fabric.

YMMV

Just a little extra information to evaluate. The baking soda based "scent killer" sprays hunters utilize do a nice job of killing sweat bo (body odor) for thermals when you are air drying them. It also reduces the number of wash cycles that breaks down the insulating ability of the fabric.

YMMV
ive gotten in the habit of storing my thermal layers in a bag with a scented drier sheet......does a pretty good job of alleviating any funk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom