What is Force Fins Pro most efficient kick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gqllc007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it flutter kick? Frog kick? Bicycle flutter kick? How do you feel they work in a current compared to say Mares Quattro or X-Stream fins?

Flutter, definitely not frog, what is bicycle flutter? You can test in pool while on back to see what works best for you.

Flutter, definitely not frog, what is bicycle flutter? You can test in pool while on back to see what works best for you.
With your knees bent more than a traditional flutter kick

They take some getting used to. I can do both flutter and frog kick with them. But they require a snap of the ankle to get a good result that one does not use with other fins. There is a learning curve with them.

I really, really like mine. I have very large feet. And most fins for my foot size are ENORMOUS. My force fins are compact but I can generate as much power with them as any other fins I have used (and I have a great kick from being a cyclist). Also I am an underwater photographer. Having compact fins is great because I can get into places fear of kicking everything in sight.

I would suggest going to a pool with them and working with them.

I am weak legged and I have a lower back injury. Years prior to the injury I used FFpro. Something like Scubapro Jet fins or Mares Quattro would absolutely exhaust me. Someone mentioned I should try the Mares X-Stream, ScubaPro Go SPort and Oceanic Viper. I have the FFPro now and planned on using them but was looking for the most efficient method. Is there a go to fin for weak legged individuals that are 60 years old?

I would think that you can get a good kick. As I said, the main thing is a fast snap of the ankle at the end of the kick. I think it causes the fin to flex and deliver the propulsion.

From what remember about comments from the (@Bob Evans ) "horse's mouth"

Faster, lower amplitude flutter kicks are the optimal ones for the Standard Force Fins styles compared to paddle fins.

I recently got Force Fin Pros and Hockey Force Fins in XXLs to match my new footwear. My L Force Fin Pros have been dry too long due to the change.

Flutter kick. Not a power fin but good efficiency. Good for precise positioning.

FF can do any kick you want, depending on need. learning to use the well, just go use them. after a dozen dives or so you'll have forgotten most the bad habits you learned from other fins and will be good to go

most efficient for you and most efficient for me are almost guaranteed to be different

I'd say my natural FF Pro kick has a bit more bent knee than a traditional flutter. Best is to kick around in a pool in skin gear and then with all the scuba drag on as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom