How to answer "what is your highest certification level"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ISO certification needs to be renewed, by reassessment every 5 years. So unless GUE got reassessed in 2018 their no longer compliant.

Maybe I should have made it more clear by stating that those GUE courses that I listed above have been EN/ISO certified *since* 2013. I'm not sure if any additional courses got certified later.

My Fundies card was renewed in 2018 with the EN/ISO #'s on it, and it's up for renewal again this summer. It's pretty safe to say that the 2018 ISO re-cert is good till 2023.

I only have my master and nitrox the rest got mistakenly tossed out.

I take pride in earning this certification even more than I do my GUE fundies rec pass!

upload_2021-3-4_16-24-20.png

I only have my master and nitrox the rest got mistakenly tossed out.
For the PADI ones lost, just call and request free replacements....

Sorry, trolling I guess...
Actually, funny story. I took a whole bunch of specialties in 2007 to get MSD when in Florida. I waited couple of months for the 5 or 6 cards to arrive back home in Canada. Called PADI and we agreed on lost in mail, so they sent me all replacements (free, of course). Then within a week, the originals did arrive. Anyone want a PADI card?
Now that's what I call "card collecting".

I usually show my IANTD Nitrox Instructor card from 1995. If they don't know IANTD, and I have run into that problem, I will also provide one of my PADI Instructor cards. I have never had an operator require me to buddy with an inexperienced diver but I have been asked in the past, by dive crew that I know, and will usually help out. I actually enjoy showing new divers things they wouldn't normally see on their own and I can usually give them some tips and work with them on becoming better divers. I also have a habit on group dives of keeping an eye on divers that don't look comfortable in the water and have prevented a few incidents, I really hate being on a boat that ends up having to perform a rescue or has an injured diver, it really screws up the rest of the trip!

I usually show my IANTD Nitrox Instructor card from 1995. If they don't know IANTD, and I have run into that problem, I will also provide one of my PADI Instructor cards.

Cool that you like to dive with new divers, I like it too :)

How often did you run into the problem of the diving centre not knowing IANTD?

Cool that you like to dive with new divers, I like it too :)

How often did you run into the problem of the diving centre not knowing IANTD?

Rarely, but is has happened a couple of times. With dive center staff that are not professional divers.

My highest certification - pilot :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom