Covid-19 infection on a liveaboard at the Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All it takes is a bit of patience
Something which people who think that a moderate personal inconvenience is worse than a world-wide pandemic thouroghly lack

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

We have had lots of complaints about this thread...mainly because people want to drag their views about covid and THEIR country into a discussion about the Maldives. We have tried to moderate with a light handl However, with the most recent complaint, I have decided to temporarily close the thread while we think about how to moderate it. Marg, Senior Moderator

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

After some contemplation, about 50 posts in this thread were moved into a different forum, and they are located here: Covid death rates and vaccinations (thread split)

We left posts directly, or tangentially, related to the the original post - those including diving the Maldives in a pandemic, liveaboard travel in a pandemic, travel in a pandemic, and quarantine in a pandemic in this original thread. We thought there was some interesting - but off-topic - content not pertinent to the Maldives forum and so decided to move it rather than delete it. We have also had to delete many inflammatory posts along the way. Please stick to content relative to the Maldives in this forum. Otherwise, start a new thread in a different forum or join into the one I have linked above. I am now re-opening this thread with the caveat that I won't move further off-topic content...I will just delete it and ban the poster from further participation in this thread. Thank you for your co-operation. Marg, SB senior mod

I’m currently in Maldives on Emperor Leo (Mar 21-28, 2021). We were supposed to have 19 guests, but one of the guests from India could not make it due to having positive PCR test. It was not false positive as that person was having full blown COVID-19 symptoms a few days after.

The PCR testing, prior to boarding the boat, is certainly working in screening any potential COVID-19 carrier. So far, we are in COVID-19 free bubble here on the boat, knock on wood. Everyone is doing well & enjoying the trip.

Back
Top Bottom