Rolock dry glove system review and comparision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was finally able to get into the water with my new suit and new drygloves yesterday.

Special thanks to @divezonescuba for the numerous phone calls, pictures emails etc related to this system, great customer service.

The first set of drygloves I used were the SI tec ones around 2009, I don't remember the model. They were dry but donning and doffing was a real PITA. I was diving with someone who had similar not sure how old hers were but I was helping her get them off and finally said I'm not comfortable doing this I feel like I'm going to rip your arm out of socket I'm twisting with so much force.

Second ones I tried were the Kubi's. These were to easy to take off, ie they would pop off on me underwater.

Both the SI tec and the Kubi's were also very bulky which made getting the single web harness of my backplate wing a little more of a challenge.

Next I tried the fourth element, nice profile easy to get the wing on and off. Lining them up was a bit of challange. They were very secure but doffing was still not a big issue. The problem with them was the sealing o ring is totally exposed and impossible to keep clean when gearing up, well anything on that ring and they leaked. Another issue is to mount the gloves the way they show you have to be Hercules or have demi god strength

Next the ultima's. very good system easy to line up and snap into place the oring has some protection so it is easier to keep clean. Doffing could be a bit of pain and I often had to take a plasitc tool wedge it in there and then twist to get them off. A little bulky but still a good system and I would recommend them.

The Rolock getting the glove installed on one the rings was a bit of a challenge but I got it done after several tries. The video makes donning and doffing look really easy and I was skeptical, after all every one of the above manufactures videos make it look easy. WOW THEY REALLY ARE THAT EASY TO GET ON AND OFF. I was shocked no way can they be that easy and actually work. Well they work great, good seal, low bulk. I do think they are the perfect dryglove system so far.

Thanks for the comparison info @formernuke
Is the Rolock system the same OD as the Ultima system?

It seems a little smaller but I didn't put them side by side.

Did you have any silicone wrist seal leaks with the Ultima? I’ve been trying to solve leakage with one arm. Multiple re&re’s, new seal, different grooves on the ring, and I just can’t seem to get out without the bottom of the arm wet to the base layer.

The Rolocks seem a little less bulky, are they?

Did you have any silicone wrist seal leaks with the Ultima? I’ve been trying to solve leakage with one arm. Multiple re&re’s, new seal, different grooves on the ring, and I just can’t seem to get out without the bottom of the arm wet to the base layer.

The Rolocks seem a little less bulky, are they?

I did not have any wrist seals leaks and the rolocks are less bulk.

@formernuke

Glad to know I’m not the only one who had issues getting the Ultima off!

@formernuke

Glad to know I’m not the only one who had issues getting the Ultima off!
These really help to get them off.
0AED0AA9-EB8A-4F97-B964-50D5D4AE3317.jpeg
0AED0AA9-EB8A-4F97-B964-50D5D4AE3317.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom