Rental car recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AFAIK, nobody has the right to stop you from walking out of the airport, luggage in hand. I have read about taxi drivers getting in trouble for picking up people who don't walk far enough away. The consensus seemed to be getting to Diego's Tacos was a safe place to then hail a taxi.

Another +1 for Isis (named for their daughter before it meant anything else.) I had been to Cancun in the '90's and there were a million VW beetles (they were made in Mexico). So 6 years ago in Coz I rented a manual VW beetle from Isis. It was noisy, but worked okay. Just to be clear, Isis had lots of newer cars to choose from, but I had thought the VW was still the norm. By then most locals were driving newer model sedans (or scooters). The bug got us around town and down to the marina, but my daughter was totally mortified.

AFAIK, nobody has the right to stop you from walking out of the airport, luggage in hand.
True, but occasionally taxi drivers are prevented from picking up fares out there.

I always had great experiences with ISIS. Lately I have been a fan of using cabs. It ends up being cheaper, no dealing with gas station attendants trying to scam me, and not struggling to find parking.

I always had great experiences with ISIS. Lately I have been a fan of using cabs. It ends up being cheaper, no dealing with gas station attendants trying to scam me, and not struggling to find parking.
Of course everyone's situation and preferences are different, but mine seem similar to yours. If I were staying far south and wanted to spend a lot of time in town I'd likely rent a car, but for me and the vacation I want to have, cabs work just fine, even for the trek around the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom