PADI DM Yearly Cost and Expiration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I know there are lots of thread about this subject.
I’m more than likely going to take my DM course so that I can help with some local classes and lead some dives.

I have worked out with my potential instructor the up front cost, but what I don’t know is how much are the PADI “pro” fees on a yearly basis.

If I decide to take a break and become inactive for a few years (due to my job), what is required of me to re-activate my DM certification.

Hoping to hear from people with experience and knowledge of this.

When I did it, it was an online test and the annual fees for the current year.
IOW PADI doesn't want to get in the habit of not accepting easy money :(

Michael

When I did it, it was an online test and the annual fees for the current year.
IOW PADI doesn't want to get in the habit of not accepting easy money :(

Michael
Don’t forget yearly insurance fee if assisting in a class or leading dives.

I’m more than likely going to take my DM course so that I can help with some local classes and lead some dives.

I have worked out with my potential instructor the up front cost, but what I don’t know is how much are the PADI “pro” fees on a yearly basis.

If I decide to take a break and become inactive for a few years (due to my job), what is required of me to re-activate my DM certification.

Assist in a class or lead dives you need insurance. Do not bother getting dm certification if you have no plans to use it or no plan to go on to instructor. Cost of dm class about $500, materials add about another $300+ Liability yearly insurance can be around $350 . There is also an application fee to PADI as well. So looking at a cost near $1200 for DM certification

Assist in a class or lead dives you need insurance. Do not bother getting dm certification if you have no plans to use it or no plan to go on to instructor. Cost of dm class about $500, materials add about another $300+ Liability yearly insurance can be around $350 . There is also an application fee to PADI as well. So looking at a cost near $1200 for DM certification

Uhhhh, that's kinda cheap. Here in the city probably closer to $2G by the time you figure your open water dives and stuff.

Uhhhh, that's kinda cheap. Here in the city probably closer to $2G by the time you figure your open water dives and stuff.
I don’t know what facility you get costs from but here in Westchester what I wrote is a close estimate for here. What open water dives are you referring to? There are dives to be done with instructor for open water students, we do not charge DM for this. Granted I have not taught a DM class in some time as I am too busy with open water classes , especially private schedule type, where I get paid a better rate.

In 2020, PADI Membership for a DM was $199 or $179 or $139 for a year, depending on how you renewed.
V&B DM Insurance was $437 or $303 per year, depending on whether you were just assisting with instruction (303) or leading dives.
Some shops will provide your insurance as part of their group policies.
Dropping and then reactivation depends on how long you re inactive. it might just mean getting your dues paid fo the year you are restarting, or some retraining.

In 2020, PADI Membership for a DM was $199 or $179 or $139 for a year, depending on how you renewed.
V&B DM Insurance was $437 or $303 per year, depending on whether you were just assisting with instruction (303) or leading dives.
Some shops will provide your insurance as part of their group policies.
Dropping and then reactivation depends on how long you re inactive. it might just mean getting your dues paid fo the year you are restarting, or some retraining.
Thank you for that!

I don’t know what facility you get costs from but here in Westchester what I wrote is a close estimate for here. What open water dives are you referring to? There are dives to be done with instructor for open water students, we do not charge DM for this. Granted I have not taught a DM class in some time as I am too busy with open water classes , especially private schedule type, where I get paid a better rate.

I won't name names but the pool work runs about $1300 and the trip to the quarry for assisting stuff usually runs around $400 including transportation. So close to $2000.

I have years to go but my end goal is to be an instructor in my retirement. Somewhere warm that I will never have to wear socks again.

I won't name names but the pool work runs about $1300 and the trip to the quarry for assisting stuff usually runs around $400 including transportation. So close to $2000.

I have years to go but my end goal is to be an instructor in my retirement. Somewhere warm that I will never have to wear socks again.
No need to name any facility, I have an idea who it may be when you said includes transportation. You forgot to add in training materials / DM crew pack and eLearning fees, that will bring it to closer to $2300+ By your accounting. Sounds very costly. I hope you get a good return on investment

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom