Transmitter configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I'm sure no one will be messing with my gear, I attach it directly to the first stage. If I'm on a dive boat I attach it to a 6" hose. Why? Because twice I've had someone think they are helping by checking to see if my air was on and unscrewed the transmitter by mistake, and I've had crew with their hands on it lifting my kit.
Those for me are good enough reasons for shifting it to a hose. Fairly simple mistake for a well meaning (but not too attentive) DM/boat monkey to unwittingly unscrew the transmitter.

mine are on my first stages with the exception of the Kraken which won't accept it without a hose *buying some port extenders that will hopefully address that, thank you Jonathan Bird*.
To me the transmitter has a lot of pros compared to spg's, but a lot of those pros go away as soon as you put them on a HP hose with a spool

Where can I get hp port extenders or stand offs?

Directly connected to my first stage.

The dive-center staff I dive 90% of the time are very familiar with transmitters.

Also, we carry our own to and from the boat. We also exchange our own tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom