Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick JUP conditions report{Monday Mar 15}. Easy 1.5knot on the very bottom in 95ft off the pier. But as soon as you started up surface current was moving at almost 3knt. 74 degrees and 60ft of viz. If you ck the inlet cam you'll see mirror glass Lake flat and we never get that in March.

View attachment 647747

Looks FANTASTIC!!

Just a quick JUP conditions report{Monday Mar 15}. Easy 1.5knot on the very bottom in 95ft off the pier. But as soon as you started up surface current was moving at almost 3knt. 74 degrees and 60ft of viz. If you ck the inlet cam you'll see mirror glass Lake flat and we never get that in March.

View attachment 647747

So jelly! I went out to the beach Monday evening and it was flat calm. Super nice day to be out on the water. See anything cool out there?

.. See anything cool out there?
Instead of 25 - 50 lemon sharks,,,,ALL the Bull Sharks have moved in early. The gang of lemons are usually here for just 3 months of Dec/Jan/Feb & gone.(a handful are permanent residents though)

Jupiter's peak of the " Bull Run " is the 1st week of May and it's always a hair-raising dive where they come shooting up from the deep ledge and meet you just after you splash. 5 bulls greeted us politely on our 1st splash and a pair then shadowed me for 35 minutes so I skipped plunking the lions on that dive.

This weekend looks sweet but all the good boats are almost sold out from the spring breakers in town.

This weekend looks sweet but all the good boats are almost sold out from the spring breakers in town.

Indeed! I typically stay away the two peak weekends of Spring Break. It looks like the weather is turning middle of this upcoming weekend. Sunday is forecasted to be pretty rough. Then it looks non-diveable for most of next week calming later in the week. I'm booked with JDC all the next Sat 3/27 (lemon drop AM & wreck treck PM) so fingers crossed things calm down by then!!

Instead of 25 - 50 lemon sharks,,,,ALL the Bull Sharks have moved in early. The gang of lemons are usually here for just 3 months of Dec/Jan/Feb & gone.(a handful are permanent residents though)

Jupiter's peak of the " Bull Run " is the 1st week of May and it's always a hair-raising dive where they come shooting up from the deep ledge and meet you just after you splash. 5 bulls greeted us politely on our 1st splash and a pair then shadowed me for 35 minutes so I skipped plunking the lions on that dive.

I've been seeing more Bulls the last several weeks too. They've been smaller Bulls in the 4-5 foot range.

I had a friendly Lemon greet me at the surface last weekend. Didn't see him until he was nearly on top of me. Could have picked his nose. Almost had to throw my wetsuit away after that one.....

Saturday is looking good. I'm booked for a Wreck Treck trip with JDC in the afternoon. Looks like it will be a full boat.

@JimBlay depending on weather I'll likely be on one of your boats next weekend.

@CosbySweater Be sure and introduce yourself!! Can’t miss me as all my tanks have BLAY written on the crown :)

Hope everyone is safe out there this morning, that must have been a wicked frontal system. I'm not diving but have been shocked before where you Splash for your first dive in calm smooth waters and surface 45 mins later in 3-5 seas saying " WTF happened while I was diving??? !!! "

WindSpike.jpg

Hope everyone is safe out there this morning, that must have been a wicked frontal system. I'm not diving but have been shocked before where you Splash for your first dive in calm smooth waters and surface 45 mins later in 3-5 seas saying " WTF happened while I was diving??? !!! "

View attachment 648587

JDC cancelled the afternoon boat today that I was supposed to be on. I got on a scubaworks boat at the last minute for this afternoon. Pura Vida and Kyalami are also going out this afternoon. I’ll let you know how it goes. Winds look to have calmed but seas are building throughout the day. Will be a rough ride but it’s all the same 70 feet down.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom