Jesus Zetina DM Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another reason everyone should get their colonoscopy's performed. Forget that PSA test if you live in the states. Only colonoscopy can find and eliminate a threat before it becomes cancerous. I'm 50 and had a relative die from colon cancer because he never wanted to see a doctor. He died young. I've had 2 performed and my 3rd will be in another 2 years. Don't play with this.. by the time you feel bad it's usually too late and this is showing up earlier and earlier in life as time goes on. This is a 100% preventable disease if you have a colonoscopy performed at the recommended age for your risk profile (and these days many are saying even sooner than that).
Whiles its a good idea to have a colonoscopy to prevent COLON cancer and remove any polyps, a colonoscope will NOT detect prostate cancer! A MRI and or biopsy of the prostate is the only sure way to determine if one has PC. During ones annual physical, the blood work will determine if your PSA is elevated. anything over 5 is cause for concern and will place one on a Urologist six month follow ups.

My readings had run in the 5 or 6 range for years but the test in late 2019 showed 16. Two more tests after getting back from my annual trip to Cozumel both had the same result. The Urologist I was referred to thought I had a minor bladder infection & put me on 2 weeks worth of Antibiotics but the final reading was still the same. It is absolutely important that you DO NOT wait for some form of symptom because everything I've read says by the time you have suspicions something is different it may have already spread to your bones.
The test for that was painless but scary too. That's the one they inject radio active juice into your blood, give it 2 hours or a bit more & then scan your body tip to toe to see if the cancer is on the move. If it has I'm guessing there's a whole lot more needed in treatments.

Whiles its a good idea to have a colonoscopy to prevent COLON cancer and remove any polyps, a colonoscope will NOT detect prostate cancer! A MRI and or biopsy of the prostate is the only sure way to determine if one has PC. During ones annual physical, the blood work will determine if your PSA is elevated. anything over 5 is cause for concern and will place one on a Urologist six month follow ups.
FWIW I don't believe he meant that a colonoscopy can detect prostate cancer. I think he was saying that a colonoscopy is more important or definitive than a PSA test. That may be true but I get them both.

FWIW I don't believe he meant that a colonoscopy can detect prostate cancer. I think he was saying that a colonoscopy is more important or definitive than a PSA test. That may be true but I get them both.
This also would be incorrect. A colonoscopy will NOT detect prostate issues...period. only a PSA test, MRI or a invasive biopsy will....oh, and a finger.

This also would be incorrect. A colonoscopy will NOT detect prostate issues...period. only a PSA test, MRI or a invasive biopsy will....oh, and a finger.
But that's not what I meant, either. I meant that I think he meant that he thinks that a colonoscopy is more important (or whatever) for detecting cancer in general than is a PSA test. For me it's a moot point; I get them both.

I am sure this will piss some people off, but I don't really care. This thread was started about Jesus. Then all of a sudden we heard about someone else (who, I am sure is a nice guy) that has similar issues. Nothing is worse when bad news is given and the conversation turns to "yet, my uncle, etc. had the same blah, blah, blah". This is about Jesus. He is our main concern here. HE needs our support, be it financial, spiritual, or just being a friend. I dove with him many times at Scuba Club, had conversations and am happy to call him a friend. My prayers are with you friend.

Thanks

I am very sorry to hear about Jesus.

Another reason everyone should get their colonoscopy's performed. Forget that PSA test if you live in the states. Only colonoscopy can find and eliminate a threat before it becomes cancerous.
I think that you are totally wrong there. Digital exams and PSAs are the tests to catch prostrate problems early, while colonoscopies are to catch colon polyps early - and in many cases have them removed during the exam before they can become a problem. They're both very important. I've seen people die from skipping both as well as live only by fighting hard for the decades given back to them.

I have had a few digital rectal examinations it see [feel] if I have problems there.
PSAs are somewhat controversial but they are a good early defense I think, along with digital exams. Don't go a year without one of them.

Some of the posts in this thread are informative, but they are not really about Jesus Zetina. Would it be possible for a moderator to split this thread with the two subjects?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom