So Close!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My daughter had a bit of a hangover the morning following, well over 18 hours after, but I didn't have any problems.
I got my second dose of Moderna around noon one day and I started feeling rocky the next afternoon with a little bit of fever. I had kind of a rough night that night, but by the next morning I felt much better and by the afternoon I was back to normal. My wife got hers at the same time and had somewhat less of a reaction than I did.

Acting on advice I got here, I did a few pushups right after getting the shot as well as when I got home. It seems to me that my arm wasn't as sore as it was after the first shot, but that's hard to quantify, especially as both shoulders were sore from doing the pushups. I need to get more exercise. ;^)

I had both shots at a closed elementary school in Augusta Georgia. It was drive up, they utilized the school bus drop off driveway setup. They were very well organized, easy, by appointment and the longest wait was after the shot when we were required to wait 15 minutes. I was tired after the 2nd shot. Happy I am vaccinated. Looking forward to spending a few months in Cozumel shortly and possibly a trip to Iceland if they open to travelers from the US.

The I is next to the O and I have fat fingers.

It would have been funnier if you had typed "The I is next to the O and O have fat fingers."

Moderna for me - both shots - no symptoms either shot other than on 2nd shot - a little soreness, but not as bad as the, either shingles or pneumonia, shot I got last year. My wife had the 2 inch diameter knot at the shot site that itched about 5 days after the 1st shot and headache, chills, soreness, and a fever (that lasted about 6 hrs) the day after the 2nd.

I don’t like the idea of mass sites like convention centers.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway vaccinated 16,000+ in 4 days. Drive into one of the race car garages, stay in car - get J&J shot - drive into a lot and wait 15 minutes, leave. Now that is a mass vaccination site! Only thing that would have made it a really great site, would have been to allow people a lap around the track before leaving.

Maybe this has been discussed in another thread, but how are the Cozumelenos doing with their vaccination rate?

I see that we are going to ship vaccines to Canada and Mexico. :thumb:
Acting on advice I got here, I did a few pushups right after getting the shot as well as when I got home.
That was my suggestion, or someone else here is helping spread that word. It really does help.
possibly a trip to Iceland
Maybe wait until that volcano calms down. I think it was about 10 years ago that one erupted there stopping planes in that part of the world, etc.

My school principal daughter and I got our second jabs in February and the SIL hopefully has some residual protections from his experience with the virus that put him in the hospital for a few days so we took the toddlers camping over spring break, the Abilene Zoo, visiting historic sites, etc. I've paid my deposit on a Roatan trip in July and then there's my BD trip to Cozumel in August.
a little soreness, but not as bad as the, either shingles or pneumonia, shot I got last year.
I didn't get sore after those either, but then I always do a few pushups then and there right afterward.

It may be only three and they may not be pretty, but enough to challenge and work the muscles. I taught and older neighbor to do wall push-offs after hers.

I talked to a family today from Mexico City that had flown into DFW to get vaccinated. Someone else had told me they had talked to Mexican's that had come for the vaccine as well. I didn't get into the details of how they were able to get here but they told me they drove to Gainsville to get it, 45 minutes north of Dallas.

Don’t even get me started.

Don’t even get me started.

Seriously. I caught a little flak in that other thread for considering going to the neighboring state of Alabama.

Seriously. I caught a little flak in that other thread for considering going to the neighboring state of Alabama.

Kenosha County, WI was having so many people from IL come up that they’ve now limited it to WI residents only now for at least a month. Here in IL, you have to show ID - or at that’s at least what one of the websites yesterday was showing when I was registering to be notified when appts are available. I’m eligible starting April 12.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom