So Close!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I checked this morning and we are at the over 50 and any school workers eligibility point.

On another thread the term Vaxhole was brought up and defined as someone who gets vaccinated and then goes to mexico and posts selfies from a bar.
If anyone qualifies please go by Ohana's and get your selfie and post it here. :D

If I hadn't broke my foot I would just be going thru customs off flight 1959 about right now:banghead:

Seriously. I caught a little flak in that other thread for considering going to the neighboring state of Alabama.

People in Augusta and Albany seem to not want the vaccine. Plenty of places have spots available in those towns.

Seriously. I caught a little flak in that other thread for considering going to the neighboring state of Alabama.

Murder Kroger has appointments available next week.

Wife and I have both our shots and are about 4 weeks out from 2nd dose, so should be fully immunized. I had a pretty sore arm after the first shot and after reading the advice here did about 15 push ups after my 2nd dose and it worked perfectly! No arm soreness. I've been sharing that wisdom with friends! Day after the second shot I felt a bit tired, but honestly that could have been from the drinks we had the night of the vaccine to celebrate. LOL!

Wife had sore arm after her first shot, and then a week after had the "Covid Arm" which is a big rash (about 3-4 inches in diameter) around the vaccine site. It itched a bit for a few days and went away. We were a bit concerned but a quick Google search showed it was normal and apparently a good sign that the vaccine was stimulating the immune system. She didn't feel good the day after the 2nd dose and still a bit down the day after that too. Mostly tired and achy. Pharmacist who gave us our second doses said typically 8-12 hours after the shot is when you'll start feeling the side effects.

Heading to Coz in a few weeks and friends we're going all have both doses. Super excited!

There is no residency requirement (county state or national) to get on the county wait lists around here.

I talked to a family today from Mexico City that had flown into DFW to get vaccinated. Someone else had told me they had talked to Mexican's that had come for the vaccine as well.

thats crazy. why would people not have to show ID ? too time consuming ? maybe they figure it would be such a minor problem that it was not worth the effort ?
just sounds bizarre to me that someone could come from another state (never mind another country) to get the shot.
i did read that there are americans getting their shots on a caribbean island (st maarten) where they spend winters. some people were furious that foreigners were taking shots away from the local residence, while others felt that it was no big deal and was not a problem.
personally, unless you are paying for medical coverage in that country, i think you should have to get it at home. just seems like the fair thing to do.

If I hadn't broke my foot I would just be going thru customs off flight 1959 about right now:banghead:

Sorry to hear that buddy. Hope your foot heals well. You'll have plenty of opportunity to make up for lost time :cheers:

I had a pretty sore arm after the first shot and after reading the advice here did about 15 push ups after my 2nd dose and it worked perfectly! No arm soreness.
:thumb: I keep trying to spread that wisdom. Please do push ups after your vaccination It wasn't my idea, something I learned in the Marines, but worth sharing.
just sounds bizarre to me that someone could come from another state
I see the objections to foreign nationals, but why this? It's a national effort. Amarillo is up in the Texas Panhandle, gets many driving in from New Mexico and Oklahoma, and that clinic brags about it.

In my county:
The Chief County commissioner is actually a Dr. FWIW.
We shut down (county, not state) on March 11th of last year (one of, if not the first, in the US)

They opened vaccine registration for Category 1A (Healthcare, 65+, or high-risk) on January 12th.
To date they have registered approximately 171,000 for 1A.
They have given a bit over 43,000 first doses. Or about 25% of the registered 1A people
They are scheduling first doses for folks that registered on or before January 18th.

No word on when they might start registering 1B.

I'm in category, 1C quasi-essential (own business, plausibly in "IT"). At this point the bleach injection seems like it might be a more viable plan.

To add insult, my good friend in the next county over got the vaccine last week. He could, because he smokes ...

When someone gets vaccinated we all benefit. If someone travels from somewhere where the vaccine is scarce to somewhere where it is plentiful to get their shots, I don't have a problem with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom