Wanted User serviceable double-hose regulator and hoses ADVICE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otherwise, yeah, the Kraken is really a good choice.
Any chance for me (or anybody else) to get a new Kraken in the foreseeable future?

I have a mill and a lathe, I could spend quite a bit of time on a conversion fitting. I haven't approached VDH yet as I don't chat until I'm ready to put my cash on the counter...

@lowviz I cannot help you with the DIN or Kraken availability questions, but I find the Freedom Plate perfectly acceptable to use with my Kraken. I do have a VDH plate, and yes it is more optimized for a double hose regulator. However, the comfort of the FP overrides the little bit of performance loss.

I've used the FP/Kraken combination with the VDH wing and an Oxycheq 32# wing. I did put an extra hole or two in the FP.

FP VDH Wing Kraken.jpg
FP VDH Wing Kraken left side.jpg

Probably not an “anytime soon” for a new Kraken, but if you get the chance to buy one in DIN you can use it with yoke to DIN adaptor and get the can as close as possible to your back even with a standard b/c or a freedom plate with a rail.

So it looks like the DIN conversion places the Kraken reg closer to your back. This is a good thing (@lexvil post), no?

All my endless tanks and regs are DIN. I have no problem with yoke but I'm on a different planet. Ether style is fine but I will attempt to convert a yoke to DIN if yoke is the only purchase option.

So, @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose, how much front money to get me into the queue for a new Kraken? I can wait. I'm old, I have time...

So, @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose, how much front money to get me into the queue for a new Kraken? I can wait. I'm old, I have time...

Lots of us in the same boat here. As I understand, the issue is not with Bryan but the suppliers that are not operating at the moment..

On the subject of conversion, closer to your back is better from the documentation I've been reading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom