Show me your garage!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mouth Breather

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone go with one of these "slat wall" systems for their garage? I'm buying a new place here in South Florida and the garage is a blank canvas. I want it to primarily be a dive locker, so I'm going to insulate the door and put in a split system to keep it relatively cool and dry.

I've gotten a few ideas here and YouTube already, but I'd like to see a picture of your dive locker / garage and how you've customized it for gear.

It's Beautiful!!!!!!! That garage is about the size of my apartment and I have a big apartment by NYC standards. CRazy

I too have been living in a small city apartment... but we're in escrow on an adorable house with a garage! We're spending our last dime on the down payment and closing costs, but after a few more paychecks I can own more than one tank! Looking forward to seeing others' ideas.

20210321_134454.jpg

Attachments

• 20210321_134509.jpg
    20210321_134509.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 118
my wife and I use some of the slated sheets to keep our garage and scuba gear organized. I really like gow well it works, and how easily it can be reconfigured to changing needs. Geez, it's really starting to look like a dive shop in here...lol

I have the slat wall type.....I’ll post a pic tomorrow if I remember.....

Slat wall is Teh Awsum, but right now, I only have it on the garden-tool side of my garage. The dive-crap side is an 8-foot workbench (46" tall, BTW...it's a beast, but it's at a comfortable level) and a four-level industrial-strength steel rack that I got from Costco. I also used eyebolts and toggles to dangle pipes/tubes from a beam; I use this system to dry my wet stuff and store hanger-friendly items.

2021-03-22 23.35.12.jpg

2021-03-22 23.35.23.jpg

Slat wall is Teh Awsum, but right now, I only have it on the garden-tool side of my garage. The dive-crap side is an 8-foot workbench (46" tall, BTW...it's a beast, but it's at a comfortable level) and a four-level industrial-strength steel rack that I got from Costco. I also used eyebolts and toggles to dangle pipes/tubes from a beam; I use this system to dry my wet stuff and store hanger-friendly items.

View attachment 649088

View attachment 649087

Where does your vehicle go?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom