El Moro needs help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As someone who offered to help, with charity, I feel the need to interject. What they need is MONEY, from any source... through selling food/ drinks or through charity. With that... I think the ideal situation is for the owner to come on some sort of forum (FB, SB, youtube, ect) and make a pitch to sell gift cards... Then they get a quick influx of capital, and hopefully the burden of fulfilling the obligation will be spread out over the next 6,12, or 18 months... once they make it through this crazy time, everything can go back to normal... their business stays afloat, and people have an opportunity to offer a helping hand, and not charity...
I like the idea of gift cards that can be redeemed for food at El Moro...

Love the Gift Card idea. If it's possible, I'd kick in $100 for one. I'm not headed to Coz for some time, they can have my hundred bucks for a while. When I eventually do show up, me and the wife would eat one nice meal there (probably what, under 40 or 50 bucks unless you go absolutely crazy) and I'd leave whatever's left on the carrd for a nice tip.

One potential wrinkle: the gift cards we are all familiar with in the USA are almost always only usable in the USA. I suspect getting something like that spun up in Mexico might be complicated. BUt if it can be done, count me in.

It doesn't have to be difficult. They can fill out paper gift certificates with assigned numbers. These can be easily scanned and e-mailed to you in exchange for your money, however that exchange occurs. You can either print out the certificate or have a copy on your phone to redeem when you visit. Seems like a viable solution and a great idea!

Just ate at El Moro last Tuesday. Rey seemed to be in a great mood, and running his tail off. Even spent time to tell the family story to some friends we brought.
Always plan on the Shrimp Barcelona and some Mole. There were at least 6 tables of people there at the time.

As someone who offered to help, with charity, I feel the need to interject. What they need is MONEY, from any source... through selling food/ drinks or through charity.

I love the generosity of SB!! :). We all have our comfort level with GoFundMe, donating cash, or buying gift cards. Probably stating the obvious, but as noj3333 said, they need money. $20 donation goes much further for them in terms of financial solvency, then a $20 gift card that is then redeemed later for food. In the latter, all $20 goes to the business, while only a certain percentage of the gift card does, after overhead costs. Of course the gift card does front load them the $$ to them (and some might never be used) and we get a tasty meal out of it! I'll be down next month and plan to bring $$ to donate to different places.

Macro picture here... I can't wait to get into town this coming June and provide as much $$$, to as many businesses, as possible!!

Just a quick update for those who want it, or maybe a reminder for those who may be traveling soon...

There were 4 groups/ tables there when we were dining. I asked Ray if business is better... he said a little, but it's still bad.

The food was good as always, our table of three split several appetizers, all had meals, several drinks, and topped everything off with some flan.

If you're in town for the diving don't be afraid to spend a few bucks, and go there.

Just a quick update for those who want it, or maybe a reminder for those who may be traveling soon...

There were 4 groups/ tables there when we were dining. I asked Ray if business is better... he said a little, but it's still bad.

The food was good as always, our table of three split several appetizers, all had meals, several drinks, and topped everything off with some flan.

If you're in town for the diving don't be afraid to spend a few bucks, and go there.
We went there twice when we were on the island in May. It never disappoints.

Just got back, we were the only table at 2pm. Great as always. Support them if you can.

The large table full of 3 Pelicanos geriatric drunks and shrieking harpies was extremely pleasant to be around tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom