Oh gee, a temporary e-card. Thanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lose a PADI card. Go to a LDS and get a new one. $$$$.

I got a temporary E card when I took the Lionfish Hunter Specialty Course. I needed the card to get my ELF from the local agency so I can legally hunt lion fish now. I don't think I'll ever see the real card given the way the mail system in Bonaire works.

Lose a PADI card. Go to a LDS and get a new one. $$$$.
Or option B, don't bother to replace it.
I have a couple of PADI cards. Could care less. I have other training by other agencies (TDI) that supersede the PADI cards.

Or option B, don't bother to replace it.
I have a couple of PADI cards. Could care less. I have other training by other agencies (TDI) that supersede the PADI cards.

My point is the $$$$ for a replacement card. Major ripoff. Mind you, I had my SSI Dive Con card questioned at a resort once. “Don’t you have a PADI card?”, I was asked. I gave her a PADI gas blender card. “Thanks. You’re good to go!”.

After a bit of judicious cropping, it looks even better.

The point is that the cert doesn't expire, whatever text they may put on the e-card. Dive ops can always look it up by the diver number if they want to verify.
\

We have done the same as lowwall has done. Everyone in my family has created a screen shot of their cards and saved them in the cloud, in a home PC, and their phones just in case one of the digital medias gets either lost, crash or deleted.

After a bit of judicious cropping, it looks even better.
View attachment 648868
The point is that the cert doesn't expire, whatever text they may put on the e-card. Dive ops can always look it up by the diver number if they want to verify.

The diver number changes on future cards you obtain. The can look it up by your name and birthdate though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom