Need to cut the cord FIOS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I couldn’t be happier. I kept high speed internet for $49.00 month and I subscribed to You Tube TV for 59.99 month...You Tube offered every channel I wanted and then some with free DVR hosting.

so from $230 month to $$110.00 and I purchased a 55” Vizio 4K HD for $550.00 with built in Chromecast.

I’m free!

Just ordered this antenna. Will be here tomorrow so I can see how many local channels we receive.

Antennas Direct ClearStream 2V TV Antenna, 60+ Mile Range, UHF/VHF,

This was the highest rated antenna at this time. $38.00 on Amazon.
I’m on the fringes of antenna use. I ever added an amplifier, but in the end, I returned it all...

edit...we have a weekend home 84 miles north of NYC...this is where I cut the cord. I can stream YT TV on my Smart TV in NYC...or on any device anywhere I can get internet.

So I couldn’t be happier. I kept high speed internet for $49.00 month and I subscribed to You Tube TV for 59.99 month...You Tube offered every channel I wanted and then some with free DVR hosting.

so from $230 month to $$110.00 and I purchased a 55” Vizio 4K HD for $550.00 with built in Chromecast.

I’m free!

How did you get the $59 price for YT TV? I see $65. Thinking of doing the same thing.

How did you get the $59 price for YT TV? I see $65. Thinking of doing the same thing.
Two week free trial followed by $59.00 for three months, then $69.00 month, but my receipt sez 59.00 for the year?

Two week free trial followed by $59.00 for three months, then $69.00 month, but my receipt sez 59.00 for the year?

Sounds about right. Did you get your own router?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Charter's been sending us "special" offers for "Internet TV for mere $49.99 a month" ever since we cut their regular service. I wonder if they know about the $59 a year option.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Charter's been sending us "special" offers for "Internet TV for mere $49.99 a month" ever since we cut their regular service. I wonder if they know about the $59 a year option.

Youtube TV started the nickel and dime thing too. Storage etc etc.

A little long, sorry;

I cut the cord to everything but internet about 10 years ago. My wife was pregnant at the time and I just couldn't afford it.

I've been paying $40 / month for internet for just about all that time. I DO have to call and renegotiate every year or 2, sometimes having to go as far as canceling and having the spouse sign up for the "new" promotion the following day. Verizon FIOS 100/100 (although sometimes its downgraded to 75/75 depending on the promotion).

It still amazes me to hear people talk about their tv costs. $280?...a month!?!

We have chromecasts throughout, and I run a server for movies. I can't begin to fathom how much money we've saved in a decade..... but then I got into diving and watched all those savings disappear:confused::eek:

At least when I walk in my basement it's something tangible...

I also use a VOIP box for internet calling, I was able to switch my home number to a Google Voice # for a one time fee of $20, and now I can take that # wherever I go. The box rings all the phones just like it used to. It runs through the internet so no phone bill, not one person has ever noticed a difference. I can even answer home calls while anywhere in the world.

Cell phones are $39 / phone (2) through work.

Just some ideas, my father always said "watch your pennies and the dollars will add up".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom