Scuba Club and response to Covid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have a trip planned in June 2021 to Scuba Club and I would appreciate any input on Covid operational safety by those who have stayed at Scuba Club during the past two months. Is the restaurant now open for dinner or just for breakfast and lunch? Do the dive boats operate with limited capacity? Are the hammocks up for guest use?

Boats are still at a reduced capacity now - not much but reduced. I can't tell you how they are applying the percentage reduction though.

I just booked yesterday. The paperwork says that SCC is no longer serving dinner.

It's not within the last two months, but we were there in November.

Limited capacity at the hotel, I would guess between 25 & 33%

Only breakfast and lunch, but it worked out well for us. We normally skip breakfast at home. At SCC a big breakfast, late lunch (after a late return from diving), and snacks at the bar with friends when the sun went down were just fine. BTW, the kitchen is open for orders until 5:00 (orders not included in the price.)

Boats were not crowded and they limited the DM to guest ratio to no more than 8 where before that number was flexible.

Hammocks are open! :)

Staff wore masks and followed COVID guidelines. I'm sorry to say, some of the guests didn't.

We return in August.

...I'm sorry to say, some of the guests didn't...
Same at Fiesta Americana. All of the guests at F.A. who didn't wear a mask were Americans.

When a maskless person tried to get on the elevator with me, I told them that without a mask they would have to catch a different elevator.

If they still tried to get on, I gave them a shove with my foot and closed the elevator doors.

Same at Fiesta Americana. All of the guests at F.A. who didn't wear a mask were Americans.

When a maskless person tried to get on the elevator with me, I told them that without a mask they would have to catch a different elevator.

If they still tried to get on, I gave them a shove with my foot and closed the elevator doors.
That happened in a Ft lauderdale condo elevator about a year ago
The person pushed the man out of the elevator and was subsequently arrested
I wonder the law in Mexico

Apparently the law didn’t matter since the selfish person who was violating Cozumel’s mask policy wasn’t arrested.
Yep there are plenty of selfish people around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom