Yet another question about OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should be able to swim. The 600 meters is not very much, surely, if you really want to dive you can accomplish this with a bit of work and effort. N

Nemrod:
You should be able to swim. The 600 meters is not very much, surely, if you really want to dive you can accomplish this with a bit of work and effort. N

That may well be, but no agency requires a 600 meter swim to pass watermanship in their OW classes.

And if you choose to use fins, mask and snorkel, you won't be able to use your arms.

StSomewhere:
Not to be argumentative, but why would you need to? Your arms only get in the way when you are finning.

Thanks everyone for your information. It really helps.. I just joined the gym last week they have a pool there thank god. I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I got in there and started swimming I made it about 75 yards and I was about warn out. So I guess my first step in the process is to get in shape ... again thanks for the info/.

rpayne:
Thanks everyone for your information. It really helps.. I just joined the gym last week they have a pool there thank god. I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I got in there and started swimming I made it about 75 yards and I was about warn out. So I guess my first step in the process is to get in shape ... again thanks for the info/.

Don't forget that you don't always have to do the crawl when swimming. If you vary your style of stroke (back, side, etc.) you will be able to build up your indurance in a less energy-draining way.

Bonne chance,

StSomewhere:
Not to be argumentative, but why would you need to? Your arms only get in the way when you are finning.

Only stating what one of the conditions were. I didn't make the rule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom