Nomad LS Convert Loop Bungee to Ring Bungee/Loop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

though13

UUUUUHHHHHHH
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I have a Nomad LS sidemount system. It came pre-configured to attach my tanks using the loop bungee only. After several dives with this setup, I have found that the tanks always slip out when I am vertical (usually towards end of ascent), quick turn, or when on my back (long surface swim), which is extremely frustrating. I would like to switch over to the ring bungee/ring loop configuration so my tanks are clipped in. I am having a difficult time finding documentation, videos, or any other instruction on how exactly to do this. Is there anything anyone can point me to?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Hello,
I have found that the tanks always slip out when I am vertical (usually towards end of ascent), quick turn, or when on my back (long surface swim), which is extremely frustrating

You're probably rigged improperly if this is the case. I've never had or seen properly rigged loop bungees pop loose.

That said, if you're wanting to switch to said (largely inferior) system:

Have you considered neck leashes?
A bolt snap on a 6" loop of chord around the cylinder valve is far more convenient and can be left connected.

Cheers!

You're probably rigged improperly if this is the case. I've never had or seen properly rigged loop bungees pop loose.

That said, if you're wanting to switch to said (largely inferior) system:

Thanks for the feedback. May I ask, what makes the bungee properly rigged?

Here's mine. It can be a knuckle buster, although I think that's because I use heavy tanks and it's very tight to facilitate keeping the tanks in position.

ring bungee.jpg

it's likely the bungees are not configured properly *usually too long*. I wouldn't go to ring bungees though, it's possible to trim them out properly, but it's more trouble than it's worth IMO. Use neck leashes. You can take them off in the water if you want, but I have mine sized so they stay on during the dive.

@though13 the profile pics are small scale and low resolution, can't see much of anything from them. If they are on facebook or anywhere else online you can click the image button and insert the URL and it will pull into the database

it's likely the bungees are not configured properly *usually too long*. I wouldn't go to ring bungees though, it's possible to trim them out properly, but it's more trouble than it's worth IMO. Use neck leashes. You can take them off in the water if you want, but I have mine sized so they stay on during the dive.

@though13 the profile pics are small scale and low resolution, can't see much of anything from them. If they are on facebook or anywhere else online you can click the image button and insert the URL and it will pull into the database
118580177_4501028546603775_1585339220043405121_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom