Where Do You Keep Your Spare Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daebado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Diving a BP/W with one pocket just big enough to hold my SMB and Reel.
If not in a pocket, where do you all stow your spare mask? So far, I haven't been taking one on dives but I feel like I should. Just don't have a good place to keep it!

I have a Dive Rite mask pocket that slides onto my right waistband and tucks up against my wing. Completely out of the way but easily reachable if needed.

I have the older version of this pocket. I've been using it for years without issue.

Mask/Utility Pocket | Dive Rite

I also wear pocket shorts but I honestly prefer this utility pocket. The pockets on my shorts are primarily for my primary and backup DSMBs with pre-attached spools. Those are critical to the diving I do (southeast FL drift diving primarily) and I like to keep my pockets uncluttered to easily extract either DSMB at a moments notice. However, pockets on pocket shorts are also a perfectly adequate place to store it. Just not my preferred location.

If I needed it when diving wet, I'd have a pair of neoprene pocket shorts on.

I use a low profile mask as my primary and spare. Mask goes either in wetsuit leg pocket or back pocket when I dive sidemount.
your SMB and reel should go on your butt D-ring, thus freeing space in your pocket for wetnotes and a spare mask :)

I use a low profile mask as my primary and spare. Mask goes either in wetsuit leg pocket or back pocket when I dive sidemount.
your SMB and reel should go on your butt D-ring, thus freeing space in your pocket for wetnotes and a spare mask :)

I've seen way too many divers trailing unfurled SMBs without a clue it had come unfurled. Both of my DSMBs will stay safely stored in my left and right thigh pockets, my mask will stay in my mask pocket on my right waist strap, and I have no use for wetnotes so those stay in my bin at home awaiting a potential future use for them.

The dive shorts pockets would be ok but most of my diving is in warmer water, sans neoprene.
I use a set of cheap knockoff pocket shorts... and the buoyancy they add is negligable (a pound... ish) so I just still use them for warm (no wetsuit) diving. And my kids appreciate it covering the Speedo!

Back
Top Bottom