Custom Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have CAD models based off of HUWporters drawings but I’m not at my real computer currently.

Check out huwporters page: Scuba Pages

Exellent, exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

If you PM me your address I will mail you a full size Xerox copy of the VDH plate.

I appreciate the offer, I might take you up on that, but I think all I need are the general dimensions from the huporters page. I want to play around with how the harness slots are located and I have access to a laser cutter, I'll make some mockups in plywood to play. Plus I don't want to just copy the VDH plate, that doesn't seem quite right.

I have CAD models based off of HUWporters drawings but I’m not at my real computer currently.

Don't worry, I'll draw it all up in Fusion in about 20 minutes.

And looking at the huwporters page... I'm wondering if a brass backplate might be cool. Or if it would be trying too hard. :D

Thanks again guys!

That's fine. But I don't see a DH Backplate on that page. Just a fancy version of a standard BP.

That's fine. But I don't see a DH Backplate on that page. Just a fancy version of a standard BP.

Very true...

Hmm. Guess I should send you a PM. Better to have all the information I can get.

@The Ruttmeister I'm looking forward to pictures of your finished product.

Nuts, pressure! Now I'll never get it done!

It finally arrived.

First attempt, going to dive it a bit before I do anything to customize it

Attachments

• PXL_20221031_201217305.jpg
    PXL_20221031_201217305.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 60
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom