What to do with these yoke kits I pulled off my regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
These are the yoke kits I pulled off my regs years ago when I converted to DIN.

Any ideas what I could turn these into as I doubt there's a market for them and I'd hate to just toss them?

20210327_180211.jpg

Put them on eBay and hope you find someone who want them, they likely will fit other brand Regs too but I don’t know the base design these are sourced from for Hollis.

At a glance, they appear identical to my scubapro yoke kits.

However, I suggest you keep 'em. It's not difficult to swap kits as you know. I swap the din/yoke kit instead of using a din to yoke adapter when I travel. Did it on a park bench at Ginnie once when I needed to use a rental tank.

Or you could grind the chrome off the flat, braze 'em together, and have a million dollar piece of modern art.

save 'em and put them back in for Caribbean travel, yoke is still most common an lighter than an adpater

save 'em and put them back in for Caribbean travel, yoke is still most common an lighter than an adpater

Long ago, when the SB chorus instilled in me how much better DIN is, I too replaced my yokes with DIN. I'm glad I kept them because after a few years and a few trips to the Caribbean and other tropical resort-like destinations, I switched them back to yoke. I bought a separate set of regs with DIN for the tech diving I eventually got into.

Of course, if one owns all their own tanks, like CuzzA, this isn't an issue. I'd use DIN, too, if I only dived with my own tanks.

Buy the parts (a nut and a din-yoke adaptor) and make a din to yoke adaptor. As well as said above keep them to swap out for diving in areas that are yoke only.

These are the yoke kits I pulled off my regs years ago when I converted to DIN.

Any ideas what I could turn these into as I doubt there's a market for them and I'd hate to just toss them?

View attachment 651094

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with pitching stuff you don’t want. People spend way too much energy trying to find just the right home for stuff they no longer want. If you can’t bear to pitch them, mail them to me and I’ll toss them! :D

Yeah if all the pitched plastic bobbing around in the ocean was replaced with yokes
it may be a much better outcome, might even be able to walk to a few close islands

At a glance, they appear identical to my scubapro yoke kits.

Specsavers-Rollercoaster.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom