Roll Call - Nikonos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucky, im still thinking about getting one to shoot along side with my 5050 and i know that film isnt going anywhere anytime soon and there is still something about looking at negs or slides when i get them back from processing and having access to some of the best scanners and enlargers i can print what ever i would like.

Film aint dead by a long shot, so bring on the light

Tooth

My wife: 1 Nikonos V w/ SB-104 and YS-60

Myself: 6 Nikonos V's, 2 YS-120's, 1 YS-60, 1 YS-30

Lenses: Nikonos 15mm, 20mm, 28mm, 35mm (w/ 2 sets 35mm ext. tubes/framers and 1 close-up kit); Sea&Sea 12mm Fisheye and 15mm

Favorite lenses: 12mm fisheye, Nik 15mm (best UW lens ever), 1:2 35mm ext tube

Have purchased Nikon D70 which we will house and use with 18-70mm and 105mm lenses. BUT I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY NIKONOS V's!

2 of Nikonos V's for sale, with or without 35mm lens (2 serviced at Underwater Camera Repair--Mike Mesgleski/Mike Haber--10/04; 2 others serviced a/a 1/04; 2 others not serviced during my ownership). Price range $325-380 w/ 35mm lens depending on date last serviced).

PM me if interested

scubatooth, keep watching eBay and pick yourself up a Nikonos III and never let it go.

I guarantee you won't regret it!

The world is circular...about 10 years from now you'll be picking it up with delight at the craftsmanship of a well made B+W print.

All the best, James

fdog could you give me some specs on the three

also why the three over the V (besides the electronics bit?

Tooth

Nikonos IV w/35mm lens
Nikonos V w/35 & 28mm lens
SB-105
Extension tubes
Macro lens

2 Nik V's, 2 SB 105's, 35 mm, 20mm w/ viewfinder, 28mm lens, various closeup and macro tubes and frames, multiple trays and an awesome ikelite setup.
I'm selling all of this stuff. Any idea what I should ask for it?
I think it's time to switch to video.

I still have my Nikonos III, SB105, and a set of extension tubes and framers (Nikon was nice enough to replace my SB103 with an SB105 several years ago). It does not get used nearly as much any more since I went digital, but it does get used at depths that are beyond my comfort zone with my digital camera's housing and it is still very hard to beat for macro shots.

Of course i still use the Nikonos, i have two Vs and one II.
Only use the 15mm anymore though, as can do the rest of the stuff with the slr.

In fact i am so ticked off with the sunbursts in Digital (D70) that i have now switched back to the Nik V and 15mm for a lot of my stuff even though i can't get my film developed anywhere near where i am...

Mike Veitch:
In fact i am so ticked off with the sunbursts in Digital (D70) that i have now switched back to the Nik V and 15mm for a lot of my stuff
Mike, I'm with you on the sunbursts, one of my favorite UW photo techniques (as evidenced by my avatar). That alone makes Nikonos and 15mm lens worth keeping (until film is no longer manufactured).

Back
Top Bottom